Welded diff fail

Lum

Lum

Soldato
Hope this isn't a repost

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=763645

NittoSuperTamer said:
Alright, after reading a ton of threads on welding up gears for extra traction, i went ahead and welded mine up.

I put the third back in and went to pull out of my garage, and I just roasted my clutch. I figured that maybe there was some **** left in the bearing, so i dropped it in 4lo and lo and behold something broke loose.
MY ****ING DRIVE LINE.

I'm really ****ed at all this BS talk. I welded my junk really wel. And now my driveline is twisted up like a damn pretzel.

You are all a bunch of **** talkin Jerks.

What the hell did you all do differently?

diff-fail.jpg

diff-fail2.jpg

Lum

Lum

Soldato
OP
is this like one of those "i just put a bag of sand in my intake to clean my engine", or is this one actually real?

A bit further down the thread, someone links to that guys earlier thread where he asks how to weld the diff and is told:
spidr said:
Only works well if you make sure to weld the tips of the shafts to the side gears, as well as the sides and spiders together. Heat it up good, make sure the gear oil is glowing, and don't use the welding mask. Can't see **** when you do.

Lum

Lum

Soldato
OP
That diff wont be rotating at all, not sure what other purpose it could serve except maybe as some kind of weird ornament.

Edit: and a great ****take ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom