*******Official Armed Assault 2 thread of official officialness*******

Associate
Its official because I made it. Now with added *******.

Armed Assault 2
Release Date: 19/06/2009

Official Website Link
Official Forums Link

Weapons Lists
Vehicle Lists

Minimum System Requirements:

* Windows XP / Vista
* Dual-Core CPU
* 512 MB Ram
* Graphics card with 256 MB-VRam and Shader Model 3.0 support

Recommended System Requirements

* Windows XP / Vista
* Quad-Core CPU
* 1 GB Ram
* Graphics card with 512 MB-VRam and Shader Model 3.0 support

Nieldo's System Requirements

* Supercomputer from the future.

2ztcyrs.jpg

Graphics are looking nice, especially the plane cockpit, I hope the detail carrys over to the rest of the vehicles. One of my concerns was that it would be low qual same as in ArmA 1.

The land seems mostly flat though, that might make engagements very quick, and Im in the mood for some long tactical firefights as Ive been watching Ross Kemp in Afghanistan. We need some ditches to hide in.

As long as the AI is up to scratch and there is a nice easy way to control them it should be good. I think the singleplayer campaign is just you and 3-4 other members of your squad, but on custom missions/stand alone single player missions you can either control a whole squad (16 men I think) or control multiple squads using the new command interface. Something long overdue.

Last edited:

XPE

XPE

Soldato
Lets just hope its a bit more stable on release, both ofp and arma had to be patched a couple of times before they got to their full potential.

Soldato
After the utter shambles of ArmA this I would advise anyone to give this atleast 6 months of patching before even considering purchasing it, you will save yourself a lot of hassle.

HAz

HAz

Soldato
this looks really nice, i hope they are using a modified engine of the first one. If its a new one we may see the shambles we had when that was released :(

Associate
Looking at the pond, it is either:

1. No way it is going to look like that.
2. No bloody way it is going to look like that.
3. You will need a GX3456000 MegaThrax to run it.

Associate
Ive always wanted to get into a couple of these kind of games, but every single time theyve been a buggy mess and i just cba with it. Heres hoping they release a good demo.

Soldato
Sorry for the noobness but i never played the first game and im just wondering if ArmA and ArmA 2 are primarily single or multiplayer games?

Back
Top Bottom