• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Spec me a replacement 4890 cooler!

Associate
Hi guys, looking for advice.

Can't see any replacement cooler that specifically states it's compatible with 4890 are there any? If so what ones best (noise levels being the most important factor to me).

Also I've never changed a graphics cooler is it straight forward?

I've got a Sapphire 4890 which I'm happy with apart from the noise level when fan is over 30-40% when it gets a bit too loud for my taste.

Thanks for your help.

Permabanned
afaik the 4890 is the same spec as the 4870 re size and hole spacings, so any 4870 compatible would suffice, Id recomend the arctic cooling accelero twin turbo.
Fitting them is quite easy really, nothing to worry about, fairly simple, just follow the included instructions

Associate
OP
Thanks for that I'll have alook for it, can't see it at OC :(

On Arctics web site it states it's compatible with 4890 however on a couple of sites that are stocking it the 4890 isn't mentioned - I assume it's because it's relatively new? Does anyone know if it definately works on 4890?

I'll send Arctics support a messeage to check but if anyone here knows for certain I'd be glad to hear from you :)

Associate
Thanks for that I'll have alook for it, can't see it at OC :(

On Arctics web site it states it's compatible with 4890 however on a couple of sites that are stocking it the 4890 isn't mentioned - I assume it's because it's relatively new? Does anyone know if it definately works on 4890?

I'll send Arctics support a messeage to check but if anyone here knows for certain I'd be glad to hear from you :)

They probably just haven't updated the list yet, seeing as they've probably had the cooler in stock before the 4890 came.
I haven't bought it yet but I'm looking at the Vortexx VC03 for my 8800gt. Seems pretty decent.

Associate
OP
Recieved my Arctic Cooling Twin Turbo yesterday and I'm very happy!

Easy to fit (first time I've changed gpu cooler) and what a differnce - temp down 15-20 and more important to me the noise is so much less I can even live with the fans at 100% so it looks like it's time to do some overclocking!!!

Why don't they put a decent cooler on to start with??

Associate
Recieved my Arctic Cooling Twin Turbo yesterday and I'm very happy!

Easy to fit (first time I've changed gpu cooler) and what a differnce - temp down 15-20 and more important to me the noise is so much less I can even live with the fans at 100% so it looks like it's time to do some overclocking!!!

Why don't they put a decent cooler on to start with??
Ok, what are the before and after OC results.

Back
Top Bottom