***Official North Yorkshire Moors Meet 2 thread**

Soldato
Premature maybe, but after the success of yesterday, and everyone liking the route we chose, i want to get another one planned well in advance and while the weather will still be good. (hopefully)

I'm thinking 5th September (Sat)

Route will be the same as the last one.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&s...9735,-0.745697&spn=0.308598,0.892639&t=h&z=11

1. 11.00am Meet at Lion Inn - Blakey ridge, North Yorkshire YO62 7LQ, talk, take photos, and eat at 12-12.30. After lunch, passenger rides and more photos and stuff.

2. Head off to Pickering (or the village just past where we stopped (Thornton le Dale)), nice enclosed car park and nice backdrop for more photos etc, plus pee break :D

3. The car park at the top of Goathland, the road there is really good, really long stretch of straight road with a few challenging corners, http://www.duperouzel.co.uk/misc/meets/nm0609/ek9.wmv, (onboard Tims car (EK9 Type R) I hope you don't mind Dup). And theres a great spectators view of the same road.

4. After this, we head to Whitby (which should be a little quieter at this end of summer).

5. Sandsend, nice bit of coastal road with a gravel carpark for fun :D (you know who i mean :P)

6. Dinner break at Hinderwell, the food is cheap but good here, home made chunky chips, to which i believe someone said they MUST eat here in the last meets' photo thread. (i'll link to it if i remember).

7. Final stop will be Saltburn at the top of the cliff for some final photos and to say goodbye etc.

Yes, it's pretty much a carbon copy of 6th June, but as they say, if it aint broke, don't fix it, everyone who came will back me up that there's a great mix of fantastic roads, scenery and food, the route is about 56 miles long with stops between 5 miles and 15 miles apart and it's a great day out.

Lets make this even more successful than the last one :)

Stolen from peterattheboro from 6th June.

Finally, Here's the photos thread from the last meet

If you're interested, can you say wether definite, maybe, also username, and car you'll be attending in.

Thanks

Definite

Wez130 - A3 Sportback 2.0TFSi Sat / Sun
Peterattheboro - ST220
Rover416 - Rover 620Ti?
Naf - Leon FR
Jake000 - Rover 200 GSI
MrLOL - Vectra VXR
RG-Tom (with DRZ as passenger (maybe)) - BMW 3 series
Spuderoony - Z4

Maybe

Felix Da Housecat - Audi A6 (I'm guessing?)
Leeum - no idea what car
Bigglespip - Alfa 156 (guessing again)
[TW]Fox - 530i
Sime - ???
Fivestar - Focus ST
.:MBK:. - BMW 325i
MeAnBoY - MR2
Mark A - ???
Dorje - MX5
MoNkEe - MR2 V6
matt fsr - mercedes
Daveydave - ST220

Please can i have definite yes/ no's before 28th August so i can book the table.

Thanks

Wez

Last edited:
Bleedin eck Janesy, I just checked on Google Map and from shropshire its a fair old trek

But from your place its a looooooooong way :eek:

You don't even know where I live :p It's not that far really, I'll make a weekend of it and visit a friend while I'm up. Kill two birds with one stone :)

If I'm in the UK I will come to this as it'll have been 3 years since I last visited my Gran in Scarborough so can combine the two.

Put me down for a maybe, Ill be back home from London but money might be a problem.

As for my car? Put that down as '???' becuase im getting a new car in late August! So I dont know what car ill have myself!!

Back
Top Bottom