Natwest Graduate Account

Soldato
Just looking for some confirmation that on July 1st my Natwest Student Account will automatically change to a Graduate Account?

Will I need to contact them about the overdraft increase or will it apply automatically on July 1st?

Thanks,

Kris.

Associate
Soldato
OP
http://www.natwest.com/personal/current-accounts/g1/students-graduates/graduate-account.ashx

"Already have a NatWest student account? We’ll automatically upgrade you to our Graduate account in the July of your final year of graduation."

So, maybe not the 1st, but some point next month it'll change. Not sure about the overdraft but I'm in the same boat so I'll pop in tomorrow and let you know what the deal is.

Ah cool, I know the Graduate Account has the increased overdraft, but whether that becomes available immediately or not they dont make clear.

I'm paying my rent from it for two months and repaying it when I receive my deposit.

Soldato
OP
just a random add on , does any one know if this will happen with an HSBC account and if so is there a higher overdraft facility ?

Graduate Bank Account (opened up to
31 May 2007 and from 19 July 2008)
Yr 1 – £1500
Yr 2 – £1000 Typical 19.9% EAR variable

Graduate Bank Account (opened
between 16 July 2007 and 18 July
2008)
Yr 1 – £1500
Yr 2 – £1000 Typical 9.9% EAR variable

Seems they just keep it at £1500.

Natwest bump it up to £2000 and also allow three years with tiered interest free amounts, £2000 first year, £1000 second year, £500 third year.

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
They do not do it automatically.

I graduated last year and they moved me to a grad account automatically. My overdraft stayed the same. After about a month of trying to get them to increase it, they still hadn't and I gave up :(

Soldato
OP
They do not do it automatically.

I graduated last year and they moved me to a grad account automatically. My overdraft stayed the same. After about a month of trying to get them to increase it, they still hadn't and I gave up :(

Yep, just phoned them and I'll need to request it at the end of June beginning of July.

I wonder how long it will take.. :confused:

Soldato
Shouldn't take more than a few minutes for someone to click the correct button, its just encouraging someone to actually do it.

I tend to arrange a meeting in person with a manager or senior customer blah blah whatever person, and after the meeting evereything I require has been done. Only way to work with banks is to make sure its all done then and there, else things drag, or get lost, or get done wrong.

Soldato
I'm doing a masters, I don't want it to switch. Cheers for telling me. I thought I had much more time before I had to tell them.

Soldato
OP
Why wouldn't you want it to switch?

Ok, if you don't want the extra £500 you don't need to request it.

The balance you have will remain interest free for another year, then £1000, then £500.

Soldato
They don't always automatically change.
My girlfriends changed over straight away whilst I went in, gave them my graduation certificate and all the details so they could up my OD to £2k from £1400. The helpful lady said we will do that this week, didnt. Went in again a week later, still didn't do it.

11 months later and I am still on the student account, doesn't bother me as I get an extra year interest free big overdraft :)

Like Kristoph said, why change? Just say nothing and hope you get what I have, another year of interest free OD!

Soldato
OP
They don't always automatically change.
My girlfriends changed over straight away whilst I went in, gave them my graduation certificate and all the details so they could up my OD to £2k from £1400. The helpful lady said we will do that this week, didnt. Went in again a week later, still didn't do it.

11 months later and I am still on the student account, doesn't bother me as I get an extra year interest free big overdraft :)

Like Kristoph said, why change? Just say nothing and hope you get what I have, another year of interest free OD!

I think you'll be on the graduate overdraft, only without the overdraft increase.

If I don't request the increase it'll remain at £1,500 interest free for another year and become a graduate account.

Soldato
Sorry to steal the thread, but if ive had a Natwest student account for 4 years as an undergrad, will they let me keep it for another year for a postgrad masters? Just after the interest free OD & railcard

Back
Top Bottom