FIRST PC Build - Pretty Good Budget - Help Please :)

Associate
Hi Guys,

Another newbie embarking on his first PC build mission (well my friend will be building it, I'm just ordering parts).

Basically I want this system to last years without any kind of upgrade etc. It needs to be fairly silent as I tend to keep machines on through the night and the main uses for it will be watching movies/tv shows, Internet browsing and the odd game which will only likely be Football Manager.

In terms of what I roughly would like IF possible... the i7 processor (might be a bit overkill and could possibly have the quad core instead?), about 2-4GB of RAM (DD3 is the newest I think), good hard drive (1TB/1.5TB), standard dvd writer, etc. I don't know much about PSU, cooling, etc. For the sound I would prefer to go with ASUS Xonar over Sound Blaster - will be listening to a lot of music through very good speakers so this will make a difference.. I'm not sure how important the graphics card is considering I will only be watching movies and things (link to tft hd) and rarely any gaming.. guess you could get a very decent one for my needs between £30-50?

If anyone could spec something for me based on that I would really appreciate it? Ideally I am going to buy my monitor seperate so for this I don't really want to go above £750-800 if I can help it... anything well below that would be brilliant!

Thanks!

Soldato
11s2wsl.jpg

warning this will get slated but its just something to kick off the specs i guess:D

Soldato
It's a good spec, but this can be done for far less than £800, and if you're just internetting and playing music/movies you won't notice much difference.

spec_fudh_0307.png

Could potentially cut back more by getting a dual or tri-core CPU and spending less on cooling, but that's reasonably future-proof providing you don't do serious gaming and should be very quiet.

Back
Top Bottom