Seasonic M12D and EX58-UD5 DO NOT WORK

Caporegime
Just a heads up for people...

I received a Seasonic M12D 850W PSU and Gigabyte EX58-UD5 motherboard today and they simply will not work together, 9 times out of 10 I press the power and get power for a fraction of second before it cuts out, I've only been able to get into the BIOS a few times and it works fine until next reboot, the UD5 is tested and works 100% with my older PSUs and I'm now running the Seasonic without problems on my previous Asus P6T Deluxe.

I've never known a PSU and motherboard to have compatiblity problems with one another but it's as if the Gigabyte motherboard is triggering some sort of protection mechanism in the PSU and causing it to cut out almost instantaneously.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
It's a shame for Gigabyte because the Seasonic is a really nice power supply, I'm now stuck as to whether I RMA the motherboard citing compatiblity issues or hold onto it and hope Gigabyte can and will fix it via a BIOS update?

My P6T Deluxe works 100% with it so I'll most likely RMA the UD5 unless Gigabyte announce something over the next day or two.

Back
Top Bottom