HTC Leo Info.....?

Soldato
The New HTC Leo apparently....

htcleofront2.jpg
htcleoback2.jpg

The HTC Leo has made another appearance, this time courtesy of ai.rs, and the spec sheet for this Windows Mobile 6.5 smartphone continues to grow in detail. The 4.3-inch capacitive touchscreen handset runs at WVGA resolution and packs Qualcomm’s MSM8250 Snapdragon 1GHz chipset, together with a 5-megapixel autofocus camera and dual-LED flash.

That camera comes in at a lower resolution than the last figure – 8-megapixels – we heard, which will be a disappointment to some, but hopefully the rear-panel render (which you can see in the gallery below) will make up for it. Other specs include a microSD card slot, WiFi, Bluetooth 2.1+EDR, GPS and A-GPS, together with a g-sensor, both ambient light and proximity sensors, and a 3.5mm headset jack.

There’s also dualband WCDMA/HSPA (900/2100MHz) and quadband GSM/EDGE, setting the Leo up for 7.2Mbps downlinks and 2Mbps uplinks, network depending. ROM is 512MB and RAM 320MB, and the whole thing measures a skinny 121 x 67 x 11 mm. That’s a little longer and wider than the Touch HD but a millimeter thinner.

No word on pricing, but the HTC Leo is expected to drop onto operators’ shelves in October.

http://www.slashgear.com/htc-leo-new-images-specs-emerge-1452329/

If this turns out to all be true and the phone is released around October then hopefully Orange pick it up just in time for my next contract :D Sounds like a terrific mobile which will match the TG01 in terms of speed and an actually decent camera, plus Windows 6.5 out the box, fantastic.

Last edited:
Soldato
After a year with the HTC Touch Diamond thingy I'm never getting a full touch screen phone again! I had the Treo 600, Treo 650 and Nokia E61i before this bit of junk. My next phone will be full QWERTY again, probably the Nokia E72.

Soldato
After a year with the HTC Touch Diamond thingy I'm never getting a full touch screen phone again! I had the Treo 600, Treo 650 and Nokia E61i before this bit of junk. My next phone will be full QWERTY again, probably the Nokia E72.

I've got a Touch diamond and know what you mean. I think browsing through menus and mp3's is awesome, but texting is ****. I make a mistake on every other word, in fact I may try the old style number keypad, it'll be just as quick with fewer mistakes.

Yeah definitely need a hardware qwerty next.

Soldato

Yep I feel the same way, I have had an Iphone, HTC Touch HD, HTC magic (the misses), Tytan2 and nothing even comes close to my E71.

Soldato
I like the look of that E72 but 320 x 240 screen? Nokia really need to start using higher res screens.

Looks great apart from that.

Yeah, you're right. That it it's Achilles heal. I've been playing with my E61i a bit recently and a lot of sites are still perfectly usable, I can put up with resolution for a decent QWERTY.

Caporegime
The New HTC Leo apparently....

http://www.slashgear.com/htc-leo-new-images-specs-emerge-1452329/

If this turns out to all be true and the phone is released around October then hopefully Orange pick it up just in time for my next contract :D Sounds like a terrific mobile which will match the TG01 in terms of speed and an actually decent camera, plus Windows 6.5 out the box, fantastic.

The words "HTC" + "fantastic camera" do not mix. They are always pap no matter the MP. Windows 6.5 also looks set to be completely missable.

Izi

Izi

Soldato
windows mobile is way behind android and other os's, why on eath they would be developing phones for win mo right now is beyond me.

looking forward to win mo 7 if the touch hd is anything to go by, looks awsome.

Soldato
Tell me 10 things Android can do out of the box that winmo cant.

Out the box you say?

1) Look good (no "start" button)
2) Multitouch
3) Sync Google calendar
4) Googlemail
5) Googletalk
6) Googlemaps
7) Android Market
8) 3x Customisable home screens
9) Capacitive Touchscreen
10) Not randomly drop calls (admittedly that was on my XDA Exec)

Soldato
Read what he said again.

I've read what he says, and at the minute, as they stand, Android other than the market and capacitive screen capability (which some people dont like because they insist on wanting to use a stylus) offers nothing of consequence over winmo.
It might not be the actual reason why HTC are using it, mabye its tied into licensing agreements or whatever, but there is no real reason for phone developers to not be using winmo over android at this point in time.

Izi

Izi

Soldato
Tell me 10 things Android can do out of the box that winmo cant.
whoosh.

i have an omnia, its now a useable phone with the latest roms which are available, and it can do everything i want, pretty much.

a phone doing everything you need is one thing, it doing it in a really crap way is another. win mo sucks ass, there is no argument here.

Back
Top Bottom