New Stargate series - Stargate Universe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
it has potential, it has the same makers as stargate sg1 which i loved, but i think they are going down the wrong story line, its one we have seen too many times, the stargate breaks, and they are trying to make it home, and i guess thaat story will be the whole series.

i think they should have gone back to sg1 style, i would love that, where it was a different mission, a different place, every episode, i doubt we will ever see that again though :(, havinga story line through the whole series "Makes" people watch the next one.

Last edited:
Looked strange to me, like amateurish, I thought it was some kind of fan film at the beginning of the trailer.

Have you and I seen the same trailer? :p

Just seen the HD trailers for the first time, been reading reviews...

apparently they have upped the budget significantly, i think it looks bloody brilliant, and could lead to whole new directions in the future... :D

and a nice cameo by Richard dean anderson from the looks too, lol.

Soldato
anything set in the stargate universe am there.

Its the only scifi left on telly atm, and well no doubt we will see many cameos/cross overs between the 2 shows and the many charactors we have seen should make a good show indeed !

Soldato
Looking forward to this from what i've seen, considering stargate has been going on for years now they must be doing something right to get a third spin off series, hopefully this one is new and improved and changes things up a bit because it needs it.

Man of Honour
It has potential - some of the actors have great screen presence which could help to brush over the other failings... but atlantis had massive potential too and they wasted that entirely :(

Soldato
It has potential - some of the actors have great screen presence which could help to brush over the other failings... but atlantis had massive potential too and they wasted that entirely :(

Just so long as they don't solve all their problems within the first two seasons everything might be okay.

Atlantis' major fault was that there was no real threat. They set up a working means to get home whenever they wanted, they single handedly defeated both the wraith and the replicators all while seemingly instantaneously figuring out all the potential of Atlantis which it seems even the Ancients couldn't use (based on the fact that they lost the war)

Soldato
Yeah they over did it in atlantis, was still a great show over all but they could handle anything and mckay was too clever and would save the day by pressing a few buttons, i actually had a point in season 3 or 4 near the start where i felt the show had become quite a let down in that way but i got over it when i decided it is just a tv show and should be some light entertainment, still they need to stop with that a bit and have a real threat otherwise it will just be like the other shows and become predictable, i have to wonder what they will do because the producers have been making the show for so long now, are they able to really bring something new to the franchise? only time will tell...

Soldato
Things i didnt like about atlantis.

The wraith got too easy
The wraith didnt use their ghost ability thingy anymore after a certain point.
The wraith super dna made them hard to kill yet they die easy later on.
Got too friendly with wraith, they should have treated them like the dominion or borg from trek.
If the dominion war from ds9 was made into the war with wraith that would have been so much better.
Mckay too quick to fix all the bad situations.
They knew a lot of atlantis too soon, thought it was supose to take years to even get a grasp of the thing.

Hope they dont have crap like that in the new sg.

Soldato
I'm a big SG fan but after the mess that SGA turned into I can't see SG Voyager doing too well. I will watch it though because Lou Diamond Phillips is a top bloke!

SGA's wraiths got dumbed down too much just like the Borg did in Voyager :/ I think SGA's highlight for me was when the legend that is Daniel Jackson was interacting with that female ancient hologram only to find that she was infact real. God I miss SG1 :o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom