Overclockers UK Forums Click here for more details
Free Shipping for Loyal Forum Members - CLICK HERE

Go Back   Overclockers UK Forums > Hardware > General Hardware

Old 15th Oct 2009, 21:19   #31
Clawz114
Gangster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Divine~Wind~ View Post
Sounds like the Retailer is dragging you along whilst keeping yer cash mate.
Item is simply not fit for purpose and a return should be arranged as fast as possible longer you have it the harder it will become to return.
It sounds like you don't understand the situation.

I don't want my money back.
I don't want a different keyboard.
I want the keyboard that ive been waiting for, for a year and that cost me £90 to actually work.

Theres no point me even sending it back because i will get a brand new one with the same problems, its a waste of money posting it back atm.

Roccat need to fix these issues, i can't stay loyal for this long, with so many blatent problems glaring me in the face.

Besides, it will not become harder for me to return it regardless of how long i keep it as long as it is in warrenty and i can prove that it was'nt fit for purpose from day 1. I have a saved e-mail converstation with the manager (and owner) of the retailer describing the problems, and then he also confirmed that a brand new one he pulled out of a box has the exact same problems.

***Edit***

By the way, the retailer said that i can return it at any time if i don't want the hassle of waiting to see what Roccat have to say.
Last edited by Clawz114; 15th Oct 2009 at 21:22.
Clawz114 is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 15th Oct 2009, 22:11   #32
marl
Mobster

I returned this keyboard to the retailler on acccount of the whine - got e-mail to say they have refunded my money.

This is a poor product, way overpriced and will put me off touching anything from Roccat again!
marl is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 19th Oct 2009, 22:06   #33
Clawz114
Gangster

Also;

These little icons for the 6 buttons below Printscreen, Scroll lock and Pause break;

WHY WHY WHY, didnt they include 6 more buttons to replace them so they could actually have a visual meaning? Like so;

My example above being; Open media player, Stop, Mute/unmute, Previous track, Play/Pause, Forward track.

My buttons are assigned to that, and they were by default (or something very similar) so why, if they are defaulted to media keys, did they use stupid little shapes that mean nothing to anyone?

There was other stuff too, but i cant think of it right now. Something to do with the LCD screen i think...
Old 19th Oct 2009, 22:23   #34
AMG
Mobster

well, i m looking for a keyboard to replace my G15 blue which is looking rather old as the paint is coming off and it will not be this, in fact, it might be another logitech

Ivy Bridge I5 2570k ~ 4.4GhzMax V gene Z77Corsair 650D Samsung 830 128 Gb SSD 3TB Seagate EVGA GTX670 F.T.W.
AMG is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 20th Oct 2009, 11:48   #35
greymack
Gangster

Well i believe logitech have a new gaming keyboard coming out, it looks idential to the G19 minus the lcd screen.
greymack is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 20th Oct 2009, 11:53   #36
greymack
Gangster

In fact here it is the G110

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/ga.../5902&cl=US,EN

P.S. Just to add to previous posts i agree the valo is not fit for purpose and it has damaged the reputation, i will certainly think twice vefore buying a future product......the roccat kova anyone
Old 22nd Oct 2009, 10:16   #37
Clawz114
Gangster

Quote:
Originally Posted by greymack View Post
In fact here it is the G110

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/ga.../5902&cl=US,EN

P.S. Just to add to previous posts i agree the valo is not fit for purpose and it has damaged the reputation, i will certainly think twice vefore buying a future product......the roccat kova anyone
I'm more interested in the Roccat Pyra...

http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,6...ing-mice/News/
Old 25th Oct 2009, 19:31   #38
red_avatar
Associate

Well I fell victim to this keyboard as well. It whines with backlight turned on, the keyboard does NOT work before you enter Windows (so you can't use it when Windows crashes) and I constantly have missing key presses. I got to unplug it every 15 minutes!!! Contacting them gave me a "we're working on a firmware update to fix it" reply which doesn't help. I contacted the store I bought it from and I'm going to get a refund.

The Cone Mouse is very good though - aside from the fact that the middle mouse button is not re-assignable to the button on the left side where I usually put it since the mouse wheel button is awkward to use. Also, it remembers your mouse reassignments so it automatically remembers the settings no matter which PC you install it on. Downside: it won't work without the Roccat drivers.
red_avatar is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 27th Oct 2009, 18:24   #39
Clawz114
Gangster

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_avatar View Post
Contacting them gave me a "we're working on a firmware update to fix it"
Thanks for sharing.

Maybe they can turn this mess around if they get on with it.
Old 27th Oct 2009, 19:51   #40
red_avatar
Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clawz114 View Post
Thanks for sharing.

Maybe they can turn this mess around if they get on with it.
I somehow doubt it. This problem has been known for over half a year - it should have gotten priority over everything else because it's a major deal breaker for most people. The fact that it hasn't been fixed yet means either
a) they can't fix it
b) it's not a priority

In case of (a) we're screwed, in case of (b) it shows of very poor judgment.
red_avatar is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 28th Oct 2009, 12:44   #41
greymack
Gangster

I wouldn't go back to the Valo even if they fixed the whinning, i just didn't think it was that good a keyboard, especially for the price.
Old 28th Oct 2009, 14:16   #42
Strife212
Capodecina

Never seen anything by Roccat that actually works

By a Logitech with an LCD, infinitely better.

Intel Xeon X5650 @ 4.0Ghz | 24GB RAM
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB
Strife212 is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 5th Nov 2009, 13:50   #43
Selachi
Gangster

I've also stopped using the Lycosa I replaced the Roccat with, as that has build quality issues too. Now using a Logitech G15 and it's perfect. Absolutely wonderful.
Selachi is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Dec 2009, 08:57   #44
Electric Warrio
Associate

Roccat have released a firmware update for the Valo, but I don't know if it has solved any problems yet.

Driver Control 1.67 Firmware 1.93

It's a beta released on 18th December 2009

Electric Warrio is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jan 2010, 11:55   #45
georgesote
Associate

Stay away from this product

Just type "Roccat Valo problems" in the Google search bar and you will understand what I mean. It only shines like gold but it is not.
georgesote is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jan 2010, 12:05   #46
rpsgc
Gangster

Seeing as they released a new keyboard a while ago, considering it'd require hardware changes to fix most of the issues and the general lack of news from them I'd say it looks like they don't give two bits.
rpsgc is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jan 2010, 12:19   #47
D D Danneh
Mobster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clawz114 View Post
I'm more interested in the Roccat Pyra...

http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,6...ing-mice/News/
Would you really want to buy Roccat again after all the problems with both the Kone and the Valo so far? Even the "V2" of the Kone barely fixed the problems.

I like the styling of their products, but I wouldn't want to pay £50/£90 for a pretty desk ornament.
D D Danneh is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jan 2010, 12:25   #48
rpsgc
Gangster

It's like they're not even trying, but then again, with all the silly amounts of money going their way from all the gullible people who think they're so l33t now that they have the entire Roccat catalogue.

(Yes, I laugh and at the same time die a little inside every time I see someone boasting about their Roccat mouse and keyboard and headphones and their overpriced mouse cord holder, as if wasting money on overpriced crap was something worth achieving and being proud of.)
Last edited by rpsgc; 10th Jan 2010 at 12:27.
Old 10th Jan 2010, 13:23   #49
Nullvoid
Wise Guy

It seems to me like the only safe Roccat purchase is one of their mousepads, I mean what can go wrong there?

Less judgement, less trying, less improvement, less regret.
Nullvoid is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jan 2010, 14:27   #50
georgesote
Associate

What?????????

I have just RMA my KONE V1 last month because of the known broken wheel problem of V1. They replaced it with V2. Are you telling me that there are also problems with the V2 also? If it brakes again I will demand a different product from OcUK. For the moment it works fine. However I tried to warn people about the the disadvantages of Kave on the OcUK page but with no results. They do not accept negatives reviews on the side. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by D D Danneh View Post
Would you really want to buy Roccat again after all the problems with both the Kone and the Valo so far? Even the "V2" of the Kone barely fixed the problems.

I like the styling of their products, but I wouldn't want to pay £50/£90 for a pretty desk ornament.
georgesote is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 30th Jun 2010, 13:02   #51
COYS
Hitman

Thought i'd up rather than create a new thread.

I'm considering one of these , the v2 as on sale now.

Are most of the problems in the above posts onthe v1 version? Is this now a worthwhile purchase or still problematic?

i2700K @ 4.6 & Silver Arrow / ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 / 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz C9 LP / EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX / Crucial M4 128GB / Corsair AX850 / Dell U2711 & 1707PFt / Corsair 650D / Roccat Kone Pure Optical / Filco Majestouch-2 / Win 7 Pro x64
COYS is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 30th Jun 2010, 13:16   #52
rpsgc
Gangster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewebb View Post
Thought i'd up rather than create a new thread.

I'm considering one of these , the v2 as on sale now.

Are most of the problems in the above posts onthe v1 version? Is this now a worthwhile purchase or still problematic?
Those problems are on v1, yes, however no one can guarantee that they don't exist on v2 as well.

Unless you want to be Roccat's guinea pig
Old 11th Jul 2010, 15:29   #53
ademcg
Wise Guy

considering one also, just replaced my old Saitek Eclipse II with a Logitech G11 but I am not impressed with the G11 at all, far to big (woah, how big do you need it to be FFS) also the quality of the backlight is "patchy" and that is being polite.

This Roccat Valo V2 looks the business but having read this thread...I think the search continues !

ASRock Z68 Extreme4~I7 2600K@ 4.4 GHz ~Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC~Win7 64-bit
ademcg is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jul 2010, 16:16   #54
rpsgc
Gangster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ademcg View Post
considering one also, just replaced my old Saitek Eclipse II with a Logitech G11 but I am not impressed with the G11 at all, far to big (woah, how big do you need it to be FFS) also the quality of the backlight is "patchy" and that is being polite.

This Roccat Valo V2 looks the business but having read this thread...I think the search continues !
Try a mechanical keyboard like the 7G

Don't be put off by comments like "it's too plain" or "it's too expensive" (Really? A sturdy mechanical keyboard with full n-key rollover that'll last years is "expensive" and a plastic piece of crap like a G19 isn't?)

If you want an illuminated keyboard there's always Déck.
Last edited by rpsgc; 11th Jul 2010 at 16:19.
Old 11th Jul 2010, 17:36   #55
ademcg
Wise Guy

Cheers rpsgc, I will check out the 7G
Wow, Deck looks excellent, "a single LED per key"
I may investigate further,

Old 11th Jul 2010, 17:58   #56
ademcg
Wise Guy

hahahaha the price....are you insane !!!

Old 11th Jul 2010, 18:04   #57
rpsgc
Gangster

I don't regret one bit the 115 € I paid for it
Old 11th Jul 2010, 18:06   #58
ademcg
Wise Guy

I think for 114 Euros it might be worth it....email me in trust if still available for that price !!

Old 11th Jul 2010, 18:18   #59
rpsgc
Gangster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ademcg View Post
I think for 114 Euros it might be worth it....email me in trust if still available for that price !!
Do bare in mind you might not like it, I mean, not like it enough to spend that kind of money on it

A cheaper alternative would be to buy some old school IBM Model M or Cherry keyboard off of eBay or the likes, even if simply to get a taste of what a mechanical keyboard is like.
Old 11th Jul 2010, 19:24   #60
ademcg
Wise Guy

I think I need backlit too, I often game in the dark so the backlit keyboards do have an advantage there.
But often they lack quality....this G11 is just cheap and very nasty.
It moves if you lean your wirist on it, half the lights are barely shinning through the keyset even on the highest setting and it is just too big for me...oh and the wrist rest is useless.