Eyefinity Screenshot Thread.

Associate
So a lot of people are loving the fact that Multi-monitor gaming has started to become more popular, as a major company has now supported this feature we will be seeing a lot more of this in the upcoming months.

Although this has been around for a while in the form of Matrox's adapters and cards, but there has always been the questions and complaints such as:

"But the bezels will get annoying and get in the way"

"I don't understand it, does it just stretch the current image"

"Why don't you just get a 30"+ HDTV"

"Multi-Monitor (Eyefinity) gaming is a gimmick"

"I don't see the point, i see that already on my current screen (?)"

"Eh"

Now this is the reason I've created the thread, to show why we do this sort of setup. The extra FOV advantage, the immensely immersive gameplay, less cluttered screen space are just some of the reasons, but like always we need screenshots.

Now i've done these myself by adding a 1680x1050 above a 5040x1050 for comparison, to show how much extra FOV we actually see, and hopefully turn a few heads our way :D

Now i've tried to do semi decent shots that will show the best results, action scenes would obviously be very handy but are very hard to capture and compare. More will be coming soon as some of my own have gone missing.

All images are done at max settings, including those in the ATI CCC.
Feel free to add your own images etc, the more the merrier.

Call of Duty: Modern Warefare 2
MW2_Eyefinity_1.jpg

MW2_Eyefinity_2.jpg

Crysis: Warhead
CrysisWarhead_Eyefinity_1.jpg

CrysisWarhead_Eyefinity_2.jpg

Batman: Arkham Asylum
Batman_Eyefinity_1.jpg

Torchlight
Torchlight_Eyefinity.jpg

Crysis
Crysis_Eyefinity.jpg

Half-Life 2: Episode 2
HL2_Eyefinity_1.jpg

left 4 Dead
Left4Dead_Eyefinity.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Evil man you. It's things like this that make it hard to stick to console gaming and not get lost in a PC upgrade frenzy again.... Evil.....

Looks fab

:)

Soldato
One thing i dont like is where the HP bars and maps ect are, i would prefer them to be on the central screen like L4D2.

I would find it a pain in the ass having to turn my head to check HP and map positions.

Soldato
no driving games !!!!

I imagine playing with the extra monitors adds a new dimension to the games... one day, one day I'll get a tripleHeadGo thingy !!!!

nice pics

Associate
OP
Images of my setup.
11666_1074912292893_1828775790_1572.jpg

11666_1074912372895_1828775790_1572.jpg

11666_1074912452897_1828775790_1572.jpg

One thing i dont like is where the HP bars and maps ect are, i would prefer them to be on the central screen like L4D2.

I would find it a pain in the ass having to turn my head to check HP and map positions.

You can tweak this in a lot of games. Any any game that truely supports multi monitor gaming does it automatically.
Any valve game can do this by editing simple files.

Me want.

What card(s) are you running Unknown sock?

Currently using just a single 5870 @ 920/1300, 24/7
no driving games !!!!

I imagine playing with the extra monitors adds a new dimension to the games... one day, one day I'll get a tripleHeadGo thingy !!!!

nice pics

Grid + Dirt 2 pictures coming tonight!

the bars would annoy me like hell
The thing is you don;t notice the bezels when playing.
I guarantee if you had a go off my system for a couple of days, you would find it hard to go back.

Associate
OP
what type of setup do you need to run this?

2+ Monitors (obviously :p), Triplehead 2go Adapter / 57**-58**-59** card.

I'm currently using:

C2Q 9300 @ 3.0 Sometimes 3.4, but my RAM is buggered.
4gb DDR3 RAM @ 1333
5870 @ 920/1300
2x500gb Samsung F3's, in raid 0.

Nothing major, although at this res, AA will have a massive effect on performance. I am able to play MW2 maxed out with x4 AA though with a little OC.

i7 setup coming in Jan, so should be more comfortable.

Soldato
Yay unknown socks :D I shall be contributing tonight/tomorrow with a nice handful of pictures/information.

what type of setup do you need to run this?

You either need a new ATI card (5000 series) and 3 monitors with one having a display port or an "ACTIVE" converter. Or Triplehead 2go adapter.

Back
Top Bottom