OcUK, I'm confused and worried

Associate
Hi guys,

Long story short, I am planning to order a prebuilt gaming pc from Overclockers.co.uk today, however last night I stumbled upon reviewcentre.com and ciao.co.uk, both of which had good and bad reviews, the good ones were really good and the bad ones were really bad. I'm left thinking how is this possible, in their webnotes replies their always polite and helpful, I know the common case is most people go on review sites to rant about awful service, etc and that people who get no problems and everything is fine tend not to bother writing a review, but I'm worried now, what do I do if the pc turns up and a part isn't working, etc. I'm not a computer tech genius. Also wondering what have all you guys experiences been with them.

Many thanks in advance.

The Scop

Godfather
Godfather
Most of the reviews are fake posted by banned forum members.

We ship over ONE THOUSAND systems per month for a reason. Trust your instinct :)

Associate
Overclockers are fine when sending back. All you do is request a RMA number and send it back. But make sure the goods are faulty as if there not you will get charged for there services, I can't remember how much though. But if the goods are fauly they will replace.

Hope this clears things up a lilttle. :)

Remember if your having trouble setting the computer up. You can always ask on here. People are more than willing to help a fellow OCUK. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
I've had fewer issues with components bought from OcUK that anywhere else. RMAing is always pretty straightforward and usually processes quickly. Some other big name competitors are shockingly bad with their RMA turnaround times, let alone their dud component hit rate.

Soldato
OCUK shipped me a dodgy system once, and i returned it for a replacement no problem.

I actually drove up all the way from Essex, so i could have it done there and then. ( which i needn't have) but you know what it like when you get your new pc.

OCuk were great they fixed the fault, dodgy PSU, and even made me a cup of tea.

can not fault them in the slightest.

Soldato
Most of the reviews are fake posted by banned forum members.

We ship over ONE THOUSAND systems per month for a reason. Trust your instinct :)

This is true. I can tell you first hand that an OCUK build is a top build, i've recommended to a few of my clan members to get one of their builds and can honestly say that they are top notch systems. It has left us wondering how on earth they make money out of what they sell cos the benchmarking is so high compared to the price. So far nobody has had a broken or "dodgy" set up and after reading reviews people who have had faults have said OCUK sorted it straight away no problems.

Buy buy buy.

Associate
FAQ said:
No anti-OcUK posts
OcUK will never allow these forums to be used by those who would seek to tarnish our name, no matter how justified they feel their circumstances are. Posts of an offending nature slagging off OcUK, demoralising or demeaning the company name, complaints about bad service, etc. will not be tolerated.

Suspended
OCUK shipped me a dodgy system once, and i returned it for a replacement no problem.

I actually drove up all the way from Essex, so i could have it done there and then. ( which i needn't have) but you know what it like when you get your new pc.

OCuk were great they fixed the fault, dodgy PSU, and even made me a cup of tea.

can not fault them in the slightest.

I made the brew :)

Caporegime
seen a few complains on the forum about the service in my time so mistakes will happen exspecially with the volume of traffic leaving the ocuk warehouse.

usually the person has had a good outcome from the post though.

i remember one guy getting a bunch of freebies for some mistake, (free games etc that were laying around from old promotions)

Permabanned
Everywhere will get complaints. That is normal.

Thing with OcUK is that you know for sure you are buying from a dedicated PC company with years of knowlegde and great staff. I wouldn't be worried about buying from them.

The only thing i would be worried about, and this is very serious, is their Tea-Making ability!! lol

Associate
As above really, I buy everything from OCUK. RMAs do happen but thats life. They are fast and extremely helpful with problems, and you can always fall back on to the forum for support.

Associate
I bought a system not long ago and it was freezing up/blue screening quite frequently. RMA'd it and got a replacement within a week. It also froze up but after a bios update and newer graphics drivers it's been fine so far. The only issue now is that during the bios update I forgot to make a note of the pre-overclocked bios settings so now it's running at standard speed. I've asked for the settings but still waiting to hear back. Hopefully the freezes weren't due to the overclock otherwise I might have to RMA again.

Soldato
Spie must be one of these banned user s:D:D:D

Never had problems and had to RMA a few things, inc a graphics card that was DOA.

Back
Top Bottom