Proof Scumacher cheated at Ferrari

Man of Honour
Quite interesting read - http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/forum/topic.php?id=1003

cheat001.jpg

tractionproof.jpg

guy sounds really bitter and unprofesional and its far from proof, i'd laugh if he got big lawsuits against him.

even goes as far to refer to schumacher as "scumy" lol totally throws anything but a schumacher hating idiot out of the window.

its not even a proper news article either just some tit on a forum

Its hardly new. More than a few respected journalists over the years have reported how schumacher wouldn't get in a car without an electronic advantage over his rivals and even his own team mate.

I've said many times the only year MS probably didn't have traction control on his car was 95.

A master of getting the best for himself MS.

Despite drivers and even fans being able to hear the ferrari 'misfiring' nothing was ever done.

Ferrari were 5 or 6 years ahead of the competition regards electronics, I think if a engineer ever told the full story of what went on it would be an amazing tale.

What a load of rubbish. The 'big evidence' in the picture shows a brake disc glowing which (according to the 'writer') means he was illegally using traction control. Uh, what?

It's nothing more than the hyberbole and rants of a conspiracy theorist.

Do you believe it? I don't think we can deny he is a good driver..
Something was going on, but yes I know he was a very good driver. I was anti-Schumacher during his early championship winning days but didn't mind him so much in the later years.

Ferrari were 5 or 6 years ahead of the competition regards electronics, I think if a engineer ever told the full story of what went on it would be an amazing tale.

That would be great :)

* Could a passing Don please edit the thread title to 'Schumacher' - I copied it off their site but didn't even notice the way it was spelt!

It would be shorter to name peopel who don't cheat:

• That's it can't think of any others

everyone and their teams cheat. Just don't get caught doing it.

Last edited:
I'd like to know what track and what corner that picture was taken with the glowing brake disc.

Hard to see from the picture what advantage is apparently being gained from heavy braking at the rear at that point.

This story is nothing new, most people in the know in the paddock were aware that some of the cars were running electronic TC devices when they shouldn't have been, the Benetton system is pretty much acknowledged and I would not be in the least surprised if Ferrari wasn't employing similar technology, as I wouldn't if half the other teams were too. It was just the fact that Benetton and Ferrari did it better. No question Schummi is an amazing driver, I don't like his personality and he has never been someone I have been particularly interested in, he simply doesn't have the charisma of a Senna, but he is one hell of a good F1 driver. Having said this I think his Benetton gave him an unfair advantage that did help him.

lol, this is pathetic. How it engine mapping the same thing as traction control? And why would traction control make his brakes work. Unless it was some form of stability control, which would probably be absolutley useless in an f1 car anyway.

He is clearly entering a corner in the picture anyway. Don't see what the fuss is about tbh

"ENGINE MAPPING – in other words – TRACTION CONTROL"

sorry what? an engine map and traction control are completely different :confused:

"If Schuamcher won the race, the title was Irvine's. But there was no way Scummy was going to let another driver bring Ferrari a first championship since 1979. The German finished second to Hakkinen, Irvine third. Hakkinen took the title by two points. Funny that."

Oh no, he came second? That must have been Michael's fault because he wasn't trying, it can't possibly have been that Hakkinen was better on the day.

All of that piece is complete speculation and circumstance.

Last edited:

sorry what? an engine map and traction control are completely different :confused:

Not if the ECU moniters wheel slip its not.

This is F1 you dont bolt modules together, things are full integrated systems.

Things like percentage slip between the rear wheel with a ignition retard to apply for that slip % would give the desired result.

They sound very bitter and have made some pretty basic errors in that article, as already mentioned.

There's no doubt Schumi was always determined, sometimes over-determined, to win. However, this is why he was so successful, it's the nature of the beast if you like. To be a winner you must be competitive all the time and get yourself every advantage. Who's to say someone else isn't doing the same? Perhaps he was just one step ahead.

This.
One of the main reasons that TC came back into F1 was because teams were spending 10's of millions on hugely complex engine mappings to simulate the same effects of TC.

Back
Top Bottom