Trying to live with a Skeleton

Associate
Happy New Year 2010, and time for a new build. Laying down pictures for posterity before this current PC continues on its trip to Silicon Heaven :)

p0612092233.jpg

Looks pretty in the dark…
…but with all things in life - time to move on.

Which leads me to the 3 cardinal rules I had to enforce with this case:-

1. No liquids near this case.
2. No food near this case.
3. No children / pets near this case.

Somehow I doubt I need to explain the catastrophic disaster mixing the above with an open frame case. I think my next case will be a Danger Den Torture Rack (with the front and top panel), I had an Akasa Clear PC before the Skeleton, I liked see-through acrylic, without internals being open to the elements.

Here’s a pic of the user end of the system. We have some Mac’s at work, so I retained a semi-Mac theme here - Apple 20” and a Hazro 26” (v2.1) with the Apple KB. The Hazro v2.1 was thankfully free of banding and snow, however the Apple screen has better sharpness and gamut than the Hazro. I really couldn’t justify the extra cost of an Apple 30”.

p0701102322.jpg

A pic of the ‘clean’ front & side of the case – you’ll see why I say clean when you see the next pics of the mess coming out of the back.

p070110233401.jpg

This is the messy cable end of the case. The LED lights are coming from the MB, top fan and moving LEDs from the Crucial Ballistix Tracer.

Oops, you can also see me breaking my first cardinal rule – that is indeed a tea mug on the table.

p0612092241.jpg

Last pic, and it shows another requirement from my next case – somewhere to mount the watercooling parts, so that my poor pump doesn’t have to contend with several metres of tubing.

…atm it’s not too bad, that’s a xspc X20.750, more than enough headroom for a tank, rad, cpu + chipset +gpu blocks. The Zalman Reserator is a leftover from the original loop, I’ve removed the pump and it’s now serving as a 2.5L reservoir. It’s a passive radiator in addition to the 120.2 rad (with virtually silent 120mm fans running at 5v).

Temps are ok (I once had a Vapochill, after that, anything above zero is just ‘ok’ :p), as I’m right this, at 5% load, Tj is ~25c and at 100% prime95, small tft, ~38c, with FurMark gpu stress ~49c. (I’m assuming the Intel press release that Kentsfield 65nm G0 are Tj.max 90c). That’s +8c idle above ambient and +32c cpu+gpu load above ambient. It’s cold in London atm. If I needed more cooling, I can turn up the 120mm fans to 12v and use the 140mm Reserator Fan.

p0612092240.jpg

Back
Top Bottom