Bank Day

Permabanned
I took out a credit card with Halifax a few months ago.. one with £500 limit. I now owe them £500

but before that my Nan set up an Isa account for me with Halifax.. she put £500 in.. but I aint allowed to touch it until im 21.

I need to pay that £500 off.. Will Halifax let me use that £500 in the Isa? Or is there no way until im 21.

Im going bank sometime next week.. but thought I would ask on here

Thanks

Why are all of your threads so brilliant?

How is anyone on this forum meant to answer this question without knowing how the account is set up? Even if you can do what you are asking, I would argue it's morally wrong as your Nan wanted you to have the money once you are 21.

Why are all of your threads so brilliant?

How is anyone on this forum meant to answer this question without knowing how the account is set up? Even if you can do what you are asking, I would argue it's morally wrong as your Nan wanted you to have the money once you are 21.

I am brilliant

I am going bank now actually

ill report back in 1 hour

thanks

Bit confused here, you spent £500 you knew you didn't have, and you still don't have, and you intend to take the money your nan set aside for you to pay it off?

Is that right!?

Heres a thought...dont use a Credit card unless you can pay it off...failing that get a job.

If i was your nan id be pretty disappointed that you havent got a clue on how to manage your money.

As for your original question....ermmm ring the bank and ask them??:confused:

My advice would be to pay the minimum payment on the credit card or more if you can afford. Don't touch your ISA without speaking with your Nan.

You may find she is understanding and she might agree as she knows it will help you not get into trouble. You can then arrange a monthly payment into the ISA.

Yes, leave your ISA alone. Cut up credit card. Pay off your credit card with weekly/monthly payments that you can afford. Learn from your mistake!

Bit sad that you are wanting to use the £500 your nan put a side to pay off some debt you have run up. I am sure she wouldn't have intended it to be used for that?

Man up and pay it off, £500 isn't a great deal of cash - it's what 2 weeks pay at least? Shouldn't take you that long to pay it off...

Back
Top Bottom