• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Move over CPU-Z and SiSandra?

Soldato
Some of you may have already heard about and probably even use programs from Piriform.

They have recently released a new program called Speccy which is still in BETA but looks good and could give CPU-Z and SiSandra a run for their money.

Speccy is an advanced System Information tool for your PC.

Check is out here.

Vir

Vir

Associate
Looks pretty good but the overview is less compact then CPU-z, and I can't seem to find voltage on the CPU tab, should be there definitely

Caporegime
if you have to install it then i dont see it replacing cpuz gpuz

the thing i love about those programs is you can just run click open with > get results.

no need for wasted directories for a program thast doesnt warrant an install

Vir

Vir

Associate
if you have to install it then i dont see it replacing cpuz gpuz

the thing i love about those programs is you can just run click open with > get results.

no need for wasted directories for a program thast doesnt warrant an install

I share your thought that cpu-z without an installer is nice, it's ok... but saying a program that needs an installer can't replace a program without an installer is not even an argument in my book.

Let's just give it some space to grow and see how it does...

Associate
I'm still a big fan of cpuz and gpuz. This Looks quite nice though, but can't find the voltages either.

There are actually 2 versions on the site, one of them being a "zipped portable" version that doesn't need to be installed.

A slight bug I noticed, if you run it and click on hard drives then click on something else it still continuously analyzes the HD's and I can here them clicking

Last edited:
Caporegime
I share your thought that cpu-z without an installer is nice, it's ok... but saying a program that needs an installer can't replace a program without an installer is not even an argument in my book.

Let's just give it some space to grow and see how it does...

im not saying it cant replace but it will have a harder job doing so.

i doubt im the only one who likes to keep a nice tidy os , cpuz is the type of program i would very rarely use so having it installed would just seem pointless , i could see myself running ccleaner and uninstalling it

Back
Top Bottom