Why would someone be so stupid ?

Associate
http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/new...ing-on-Mikey-Carroll-blew-10m-in-7-years.html just heard about this on live from studio 5 ... what a complete fool he gets nearly 10 million quid the kind of money most people can only dream of having and could quite happily live off for the rest of their life and blows it all on rubbish within the space of 8 years and now is claiming dole ... now the dispute on studio 5 was should he be allowed to claim? I say no he shouldn't, he got money without having to lift a finger and was irresponsible with it so why should he now be able to get more money without having to lift a finger when there are more deserving people? what's anyone else's thoughts.

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
Funnily enough we had this discussion last night (not about him, but lottery winners going bust). It just shows how stupid they really are. With a decent bank account, banking the winnings and living off the interest would be more than enough for most. For certain popping £10million in the bank would yield a shed load more than he could ever have dreamt of earning.

Man of Honour
Two things about the story stuck out, one that he gave away about half to friends and family so that's a mark in his favour and second that 12 of his dogs were killed by some thugs, that's just unnecessary.

As for the rags to riches and back again cliche, don't care too much. It was his money to spend as he wished, I'd certainly have done things differently but that was his choice. I can't condone all that he spent his money on but provided it is legal (and a lot of what he spent the money on apparently wasn't) then I've not got any real issues with it.

Man of Honour
Some of these winners are stupid and lose it all. He certainly knew how to fritter it away, at least he seems to have had a good time doing it.

Back
Top Bottom