ZOTAC NM10-DTX WiFi

Soldato
And when is that I wonder? They are listed in Switzerland but not in stock. The price of 180 Swiss Francs works out around £120 (+VAT???) which makes them silly money IMHO. Better off an Ion system if you want a PCIEx16 or extra SATA ports. :( :(

Associate
I've ordered one from shoptonet.de and they estimate that the product will be ship primo next month. It has been delayed before, so I don't think it's entirely certain.

Associate
Woops, I overlooked a mail from shoptonet.de it seems like the carrier tried to deliver the mb just before the weekend. They'll try again tomorrow.

Soldato
This mobo looks like it would do the job quite well. It's the only NM10 chipset mobo with 4 SATA and IDE (two more devices) as Gigabyte added a JMB controller chip to it.

Its available in UK around £70-75 too which is a lot cheaper.

Associate
Yes the Gigabyte board is nice, but I miss passive cooling, 6x sata+1x esata ports combined with the 2x PCIe x1 slots (one x16 length). Not to mention that HDMI output is also a nice addition.

I'm going to use the NM10-DTX as a replacement for a VIA SN18000G in a NAS (samba)/ mediacenter (XBMC) setup running linux (Debian). At the moment I'm using a Nvidia G210 to accelerate video playback (through VDPAU), which enables the computer to playback x264 videos with minimal cpu load.

Associate
I can confirm I have received the Zotac board and it is a nice little board. I'm going to test linux on it in a couple of days :)

Soldato
Yes the Gigabyte board is nice, but I miss passive cooling, 6x sata+1x esata ports combined with the 2x PCIe x1 slots (one x16 length). Not to mention that HDMI output is also a nice addition.

I'm going to use the NM10-DTX as a replacement for a VIA SN18000G in a NAS (samba)/ mediacenter (XBMC) setup running linux (Debian). At the moment I'm using a Nvidia G210 to accelerate video playback (through VDPAU), which enables the computer to playback x264 videos with minimal cpu load.

But you cannot use the 6 SATA on the Zotac as its RAID only not individual ports (according to those links) so in many ways the GB is better ;)

Horses for courses I guess

Associate
Yeah I noticed but was hoping for a BIOS update fixing this. It makes the board completely unusable for me. Luckily I have not used it yet, so it should be easy to return the board.

Back
Top Bottom