BOINC Pentathlon

Associate
Dear members of the Team OcUK, :)

From the 5th to 19th May 2010 SETI.Germany is arranging a completely new competition: the BOINC Pentathlon. This new cross-project competition is inspired by the Pentathlon of the ancient world.

Like in the ancient Greece we'll also perform this BOINC Pentathlon by running 5 different disciplines. This means within 2 weeks the participants will need to crunch 5 different projects, each for 5 days.

Each team that wants to participate in the BOINC Pentathlon needs to sign up here (possible until 1st of May).

More information regarding the BOINC Pentathlon can be found here.

Your participation is very much appreciated.
crille

Associate
hmm no limit to the number of team members looks like....
to win i think you'd have to crunch SETI like mad a month before the comp, then switch to the other projects- all call them in succession- but then again, I have no clue about how long the other projects take to give their pending credit....
But interesting :)

Man of Honour
I think it's maybe just what the doctor ordered, a bit of competition amongst teams plus it's usually a bit of a laugh :)

Associate
OP
Hi!

A little reminder ;): The BOINC Pentathlon will start on 05.05.. You'll have to sign up until 01.05.

I hope you'll join the fun like these teams :)

Best regards from Germany
crille

Associate
OP
2nd BOINC Pentathlon 2011

SETI.Germany continues it's new invented challenge and invites all BOINC-Teams to participate in the 2nd BOINC-Pentathlon, following the ideals of the ancient Pentathlon.

It will start May the 5th 2011 (00:00 UTC) and will end May the 18th 2011 (23:59 UTC).

Like in the ancient Greece, the Pentathlon will be held in 5 disciplines. That means within 14 days the participants will have to crunch 5 different projects, all of them for a period of 5 days. That said, you can easily see that some projects will have to be crunched at the same time.

Each team that would like to participate has to sign up until April the 27th. Like in the last year the favourites in the different disciplines can be chosen by every team on their own. The project that gaines the most voices will be crunched.

A list of the projects that can be chosen from can be found here, but you can also suggest other projects. (But before suggesting other projects, please check if the project and/or their servers would be able to withstand the combined BOINC forces. We do not want to bring any project server down.)

More information can be found here.
Teams can sign up here.

In the last year it was very exciting until the end.

crille
SETI.Germany

Associate
didn't we join something similar last year? trying to find the forum posts, but alas my searching skills are useless. Up for it, though i think someone else need to tell me the gameplan and what we switch to when.
and edit: infact it was this thread. just saw the dates. ROFL.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom