• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official AMD Phenom II X6 1055T & 1090T Overclocking Thread ***

Soldato
cpufront.jpg

Who's going to get the ball rolling on these then? :)

PCZ

PCZ

Associate
How about the thread starter posting some benches.
Unless of course the OP doesn't actually have an X6

Anyways most will have to wait till the chips are shipped out.

Associate
Why not just include this in the current phenom overclocking thread (which already includes dual, triple and quad cores)? They have the same architecture so should overclock in a similar way.

Soldato
currently trying for 4Ghz on my 1090T - 4 slots of RAM at DDR3-1600 ain't helping much lol!

Just FYI - Max temp for these chips is 62Degrees C so we got more headroom than the 9x5's.
eke n
ALL benchies are pointless without stress testing (prime blend for at least 24hours for me) - so it'll prob be weekend before we get prime stable results...Thats IF we are after stable overclocks. Suicide runs should be left for xtremesystems forums lol

Last edited:
Associate
Well dark Angel:
"There's your answer, folks. Keeping to stock voltages and using a non-reference air cooler (a £30 Arctic Cooling Freezer Xtreme), we were able to apply a 20x multiplier and hit 4GHz across all six cores."

Using a Phenom II X6 1090T on a well known review site that i dont think i can link.

Soldato
Well dark Angel:
"There's your answer, folks. Keeping to stock voltages and using a non-reference air cooler (a £30 Arctic Cooling Freezer Xtreme), we were able to apply a 20x multiplier and hit 4GHz across all six cores."

Using a Phenom II X6 1090T on a well known review site that i dont think i can link.

Might be a reasonable upgrade from my current Q6600 @3GHZ.

I've been toying with upgrading for ages now, but really found it hard to really motivate myself too. :p

Soldato
Just woke up this morning to a nice surprise (no I'm not talking about my wifey lol ;) )

1090T @ 4Ghz on all 6 cores using following volts
CPU: 1.42v
CPU-NB: 1.3v
CPU-NB: 2400Mhz
HTT: 2000Mhz
DDR3 - 1600 9-9-9-24/2T @ 1.65v (stock for RAM)
All other settings Auto
Turbo Core disabled.

x64ghz.jpg

From what I've been reading most if not all 1090T's can managed 4Ghz with around 1.45v - now thats pretty impressive stuff as I would have thought 2 mores cores gives us a bigger margin for dodgy cores but wahaaay - this is doing better than my 965BE which only managed to get 4 cores @ 3.8 (1.45v too!)

Last edited:
Permabanned
with 8gb of ram too? very nice impressive stuff is that at ddr3 1600mhz? i cant see right as ur pic is a bit fuzzy but i think i can make out its 8192 of ram at 802mhz x2 = 1600mhz

if so thats all id aim for and focus of getting temps and ram stable at 4gig with good temps!

after that u can tweak those ram timings until u bsod :D

Soldato
Very nice Zoomee - now let's wait and see if every chip does similar or whether you're just a seriously lucky dude :D

Relative to your 965 @ 3.8, how hot does she run?

Soldato
too many questions - brain overload - initiate shutdown :p

Temp for CPU is shown in top right in Asus Probe readings (It's just as accurate as HWMonitor and Everest) - I'm hitting 60Degrees C with my H50 setup with push/pull fans exhausting out the rear (one standard corsair and the other is the standard rear exhaust fan on my Antec 900). Temps is something I need to work on - but saying that I did have the CPU running @ 68Degrees C yesterday when I first pushed for 4Ghz@ 1.45v! - not sure what these babies top temp is but 60 is ok for now (I ain't even given the AS5 time to settle yet lol).

relative to my 965BE @ 3.8 (1.46v) - That used to hit 48 Degrees C under prime load - this X6 chip is roughly 10Degrees C hotter with roughly same volts.

Yes 8Gb of RAM running @ 1600Mhz - all four slots with RAM running stock 1600Mhz @ 9-9-9-24/2T at the standard rated 1.65v - These are the stock settings and I don't like oc-ing my RAM so leaving them as it is.

I was reading one sites reviews and they stated they had 3 1090T's and all three could easily do 4Ghz on all six cores @ 1.45v, hell I usually have the worst luck at overclocking so if I can do it, I'm sure others can too!!

Back
Top Bottom