• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Cheap way to run Eyefinity guys, Tested

Soldato
Hi all,

Dont know if this has been posted already, not seen anything about it.

I have bought 3 x Benq 24" screens LED versions.

Im running 2 dvi based and the 3rd im using off the displayport and running it via VGA. Display port to VGA adapters are cheap and 2 a penny. And its working perfectly!!

No need for a Active DVI Displayport if you can use VGA on your monitor :D

Couldnt be happier love it.

Soldato
on a side note, i was looking at the BenQ LED 24 inch monitors looking to pick up a couple, spotted them at around £150, how are they?

is there a noticeable differance in contrast and picture due to the LED backlighting?

recomend it over a 24 bog standard Dell say?

Soldato
OP
Hey Martini1991,

What doesnt make sense?

soundood,

What can i say? i have dropped down to these screens from a dell 3007, i love the eyefinity setup as a whole. the 3007 was obviously a far better panel. the benq's do feel a lot cheaper than the dell and to be honest they were.

I canna really fault the panel itself though, for the price they are ace and i love it.

Soldato
Hey, is this still working good for you? I got 2 Samsung 2343BW and am thinking of a third. I want to run 3 of the Samsungs in eyefinity but £70 for an adapter is a joke.

P.s. I've read about that vga adapters work up to 1920x1080... but these display 2048x1152, any ideas?

Last edited:
Caporegime
I'm sure we all tried this and it never worked :S.
As the signal had to be actively converted or summit?

What adaptor do you use?
A friend of mine's willing to buy my DP monitor.

Last edited:
Associate
I'm sure we all tried this and it never worked :S.
As the signal had to be actively converted or summit?

What adaptor do you use?
A friend of mine's willing to buy my DP monitor.

Yea people found it working since a couple of weeks after Eyefinity.

As VGA is anologue and DP is digital, it contains all the correct converters within the adapter. Although im not sure on the quality compared to native DP /active adapter.

Soldato
The outputs put out an analogue signal that is separate from the digital signal and is not restricted by the same limitations.

Soldato
Nope. You cannot use the 2 DVI and the HDMI.

The links are Display Port, DVI, HDMI or DVI. (not both on the same line).

Also I installed last night on a friends PC a 5770 (X2 Athlon).
I know overkill, but he needed the 3 (4 since one is cloned) screens since he is building a full size 737 simulator for FS2004.

Yes the game doesn't support eyefinity, but that wasn't the case since he needs the screens expanded to put controls.

Back
Top Bottom