• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Next Generation 3DMark Named, 3DMark 11

Soldato
Futuremark is readying the next generation of its popular 3D graphics benchmark, the 3DMark. The new version will be called 3DMark 11 (probably named after the year 2011 or DirectX 11), and will strive to be every present-generation GPU's worst nightmare (stress test). With NVIDIA's entry into the DirectX 11 generation of graphics following ATI making the new GPUs "current", 3DMark 11 will focus on the GPUs' DirectX 11 capabilities, probably exploiting new texturing and hardware tessellation features.

The benchmark will be able to push present and future GPUs to their maximum capabilities. At least one of its game tests have been known to be called "Undersea Submarine". There is no mention of NVIDIA PhysX, so it's safe to assume that the benchmark will use industry standard features which are available to all DirectX 11 generation GPUs. However, similar to a marketing deal with Sapphire for 3DMark Vantage (where a certain game test showed a futuristic vehicle with Sapphire logo on it), this version will market MSI. What's more, it will be bundled with MSI graphics cards when the software releases. Futuremark will show off its latest creation at this year's Computex event held in early June, in Taiwan. The software will be released some time in Q3, 2010.

http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=122754

201005203dm.jpg

Caporegime
I stopped caring about 3DMark when they started charging for all its useful features, still can't believe people pay for a benchmark.

Permabanned
I stopped caring about 3DMark when they started charging for all its useful features, still can't believe people pay for a benchmark.

Dont you think that the people making the benchmark want money?

Lots of stuff like this charge for the software, but give basic funcionality for free.

It only had like a £3 charge for the useful features anyway, thats not much.

This is one reason for why I wont spend money on water cooling. The cards are expensive, the water blocks even more so because you need new ones for every new card. Id rather just buy new stuff, then when the next stuff is out put my old parts on bay instead of having to sell my organs.

Hmmmm, well, I suppose I only really need one kidny, maybe I could live with only one lung as well ...... Hmmmmmm, WTS kidney for £100, Lung for £150, hurry up and buy, I'm desperate for my next upgrade!

Last edited:
Associate
Dont you think that the people making the benchmark want money?

Lots of stuff like this charge for the software, but give basic funcionality for free.

It only had like a £3 charge for the useful features anyway, thats not much.

This is one reason for why I wont spend money on water cooling. The cards are expensive, the water blocks even more so because you need new ones for every new card. Id rather just buy new stuff, then when the next stuff is out put my old parts on bay instead of having to sell my organs.

Hmmmm, well, I suppose I only really need one kidny, maybe I could live with only one lung as well ...... Hmmmmmm, WTS kidney for £100, Lung for £150, hurry up and buy, I'm desperate for my next upgrade!

I'll buy a kidney for £100 mines failing.. :) SOLD !
Honestly still waiting why cant any other small women die so i can have their kidney :( wtt PC for kidney.

Soldato
Lets remember the people behind 3Dmark are also the Future Crew people from the demo days in 90's

It's good whats regarded as todays best gaming benchmark has some history to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtCW-axRJV8

Now I didn't know this till now..... I remember watching their demos back in the day and being blown away for the time.....

And I don't think 3D Mark and Vantage has awful graphics. I think they look fantastic.....!! I have fond memories of 3D Mark 05 running on my ATI 9700 Pro and being totally amazed, and then I ran 3D Mark 06 in the same hardware and being - oooh noooo..!! its a slideshow. Sadly 3D mark 06 doesn't run too well on Windows 7 64 bit.

Caporegime
OMG what memories. I can't beleive that's 17 years old now.

I used to play it all the time and impress my mates!

I remember I even had Gravis Ultrasound

Amazing stuff since that was before 3d and it was even in Dolby.

Also I remember at the time there used to be graphics competitions to design the best graphic demo which fitted in a 64k footprint (or something stupidly small)

That used to generate some amazing programming.

Soldato
I bet some marketing company was paid a fortune to come up with that name:).

..but unless it comes free with my next GC purchase I will not be buying it.

Sem

Sem

Soldato
i hate 3dmark it used to be useful but now it seems nvidia and ati only create cards and update drivers to out do each other on this stupid benchmark rather than in proper games

Back
Top Bottom