Lian-Li V354 - mATX Case

Associate
May have allready been mention in the computex thread, but thought it needed a thread of its own in SFF forum.

It begins with the new Lian Li PC-V354, which is very strong outward appearance on the PC-Q08 ajar. In contrast to PC-Q08, which is designed exclusively for small Mini-ITX mainboards, found in a PC-V354 Micro-ATX mainboard space. Consequently, it does not show much larger. The PC-V354 measures 351 mm in width, 306 mm in height and 420 mm in depth. Other features of the housing includes an external 5.25-inch drive bay and seven internal 3.5-inch and two 2.5-inch internal drive bays. In addition, there are five expansion slots. For ventilation of the interior two front 120-mm and one 140-mm fan used in the cover. The I / O panel comes with two USB 3.0 ports and two phone jacks so. Moreover, an SD card reader is available. In addition to the usual black and red, the PC-V354 will be available in white.

Very intrested in this case, can see a possibility of h50 for cpu + a dual rad for gpu watercooling in such a tiny little tower!:D Allthough i have a fondness for the v3xx cube series, i think this mATX tower is just a simpler and easier design to work with .

Computex 2010- Lian-Li Case Display (youtube)

lianlipcv354.jpg

v354_04.jpg

v354_24sized.jpg

v354_06sized.jpg

Their seems to be one 140mm top fan , two 120mm intakes and one rear 120mm exhaust making it Corsair H50 friendly, and what i expect to be a perforated right side panel to mount the psu with the fan to the 'outside' of the case to keep it from heating dead air, like the PC-Q08 itx case.

Only problem is that you could do an amazing job of watercooling the inside but no-one will see it as their cant ever be a side-window :(

But no the less, this in white, is now my favorite mATX future case knocking the Silverstone FTO2 down to second place :D

Lian-li 352 for comparison:

Edit: looks like it borrows from the Lian-li itx cases with its sidepanel doubling as a removable motherboard tray

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Year this is mATX, 3inches taller and wider than the Q08, with a resonably sized psu their will be lots of volume inside and loving the sidepanel+motherboard tray makes things so simple. I allso think the front could fit two 140mms tbh like the one in the Q08, seems more then wide enough.

Associate
Right scrap the Da Box 100 plans. I think I've found my new case :D

Looks far easier to work with with support for my 8800GTX, hard drives and by the looks of it might just fit my TRUE120 as well :D

Associate
Wow they look smaller in the pictures that they do on video. Look utterly huge on video, and probably a nice case for my home server setup for around September time. :D

Associate
it looks good but i can see for my needs i'll hit the same brick wall i just did with the v352. You just physically cant fit an ek full cover block in the 352 becaause of where they moved the psu to. My v350 can solve this problem by cutting the floor of the hdd cage away but the 350 doesnt have the front ventilation so has a lot of problems removing the heat from the rad in the front of the case

Associate
Very nice looking case but is just too wide.

It's exactly what I want looks wise but would prefer the more traditional psu layout (top or bottom) with a thinner chassis. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Associate
But the dabox hasn't materialised fully especially in EU. And this is a lian li. You've seen their recent prices right?

Will have by the 15th of this month :D But if US prices are anything to go by and the fact there probably won't be a UK supplier (EU) I'll guess we'll be looking £140+ inc.
I'll probably be waiting for this though. Its only fitting I replace a Lian Li with another. PC7+ > V354 :D

Associate
OP
Really dont know why they cant just build these iTX and mATX cases in steel and be done with the silly allu prices. They will still be light but bloody strong and stratch resistant, and no vibrations, anything over £100 is just obscene.

Back
Top Bottom