Newbie Vikki's AMD Phenom II x4 computer/DAW?/build thread...

Associate
Well here goes....I am going to post any questions and pictures about my new AMD Phenom II x4 computer/DAW build...if thats OK with the moderators and hopefully some of you experts can help me out. Approx. £500's worth of bits and pieces (more than my car cost me four years ago) that need assembling and firing up. Here is what I have:

AMD Phenom II x 4 cpu
Gigabyte GA-MA785GMT-UD2H AMD 785G
Corsair XMS3 4GB memory
Corsair TX 650w psu
Akasa AK-CCX-4002HP venom cpu cooling fan
Silverstone SST-PS03B Precision Midi Tower Case
M-Audio 2496

Vikki:D

Last edited:
Just to tide you over a few minutes....
Why do they give you a fancy pull string cloth bag with the psu?

Any graphics card? or are you going to be use the integrated solution
Just hoping to use the integrated graphics untill i get it running then i'll add a graphics card.
Vikki;)

Just to tide you over a few minutes....
Why do they give you a fancy pull string cloth bag with the psu?

Fancy pull string cloth bag is so that you go "Ahh dude I got this awesome new PSU yesterday!" "Oh yeah? What's so good about it? Does it glow in the dark?" "No - but it does have a wicked cool cloth bag, check it out y0!"

If you are in to bondage...
2h85ydf.jpg
I've just wired myself to the waterpipes

Vikki

Last edited:
LOL! Oh dear :p

My first build I was also really nervous about static energy ruin my parts :p

Now I just touch the bottom of a radiator pipe and get to work :p

O.k.
The case i have has the psu mounted at the base, there,s a fan cutout just below where the psu fits, which way does the psu mount does the fan point downwards to the vents so the heat is drawn in at the back of the psu and then sent out through the vent in the base of the computer?
Daren't post a pic untill i get the size down;)

2i7va6h.jpg

PSU fits in red square with the fan pointed towards the back (left side of the box) and the cables coming out the right side

Great thats the one does the fan point downwards to the bottom of the case up upwards?(i guess if it points upwards all bits and dust will fall into it?
V;)

good luck with the build, dont worry too much about static, just handle all the important bits carefully around the edges, i built my pc from scratch with nothing for protection and it works fine

Back
Top Bottom