• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

6870 Bios Flashing

Associate
If anybody is interested I have managed to track down the correct version of ATIFlash to use on 6850 and 6870 cards.

For fellow 6870 owners I have created a rar file containing all of the files required to flash a 6870 to use the HIS bios version that has a slight overclock of 920 core and 1120 mem.

If you wish to use this file then feel free to download it from here http://www.nolurking.com/files/6870HISflash.rar, Create a bootable usb stick, unrar the files to it, reboot from the usb stick and run the batch file. It will back up your old bios first and then proceed to flash the HIS overclocked bios to your card.

I have done this on my sapphire card and it works a treat however obviously if you choose to do this you do so at your own risk and I will not be held responsible.

If you own a 6850 do NOT do flash using the bios included in my rar file, simply extract the ATIFlash.exe file and use it to flash whatever modified bios that is suitable to your card - DO NOT try flashing a 6870 bios to a 6850 card as it will almost certainly end in tears!

If you don't understand these instructions DO NOT flash your card.

Back
Top Bottom