Vigor 2820 Question

Associate
I have, in the office, a Vigor 2820 and it's a fantatic and reliable router. However, one thing has stumped me. I need to know how to either restrict internet / lan access for a specific lan computer via the router.

Basically I have a few computers linked to this router. One of them I'd like to be able to restict internet access and/or possibly Lan access too via the router.

People at work, at weekend, attempt to get on this computer and I don't want them accessing the Internet or accessing the lan.

Thanks.

Associate
You can restrict LAN access, to do that you'd configure the separation from the LAN - VLAN section - put the PC in one VLAN using its port # or SSID and the rest of the PCs in another VLAN. That can't be scheduled though if that's what you're looking for.

To filter for a single user is a little complicated right now, you need to first of all go to the Firewall - Filter Rule section and select #2 Default Data Filter, on there select the first un-used rule and enter these settings:

Comment: block <pcname>
Direction: LAN > WAN
Source IP: click edit and enter the IP of this particular PC
Destination IP: Any
Service Type: Any if you want to block all internet access, otherwise edit this and change the destination ports to the ones you want blocked.
Action: Block Immediately

If you want to schedule it, configure schedules from Applications - Schedule using start time & duration (action does nothing) and enter the number for that schedule on the filter rule you've set up under the Index 1-15 bit

That'll then block all internet access for that PC :)

Back
Top Bottom