Am I overracting? Boots adverts

Associate
This latest one really ***** me off. The constant man bashing, making men out to be pathetic and stupid. The latest one even says 'for when he's ill and you don't have time to be'. It seems to have enhanced the whole 'man-flu' thing which basically makes it socially unacceptable for men to be ill!

Of course there are adverts for men that could be considered sexist but I don't think any of them attack women so blatently. Lynx is probably one of the main offenders but 'The Lynx effect' is meant to be more of a fantasy, rather than implying that women are so easily controlled that a deodorant can make their pants fall off in the supermarket.

So, I'm complaining!

http://www.asa.org.uk/Complaints/How-to-complain/Online-Form.aspx

Am I right or are 'my emotions getting the better of me'?

Soldato
It's annoying, but hardly complaint worthy in my eyes. Man-flu is just one of those myths women love having over men along with our supposed inability to multi-task. Just embrace it, if you can't handle it from an advert, god knows what you'd do to your partner :p

Gangster
Associate
I hope this is a joke or you seriously need to get a life.

I bet you're one of these people with no job who stay at home all day watching TV with a pen a paper ready to write down anything that offends your little mind so you can fill in a complaint form and make yourself feel important. :rolleyes:

Nix

Nix

Soldato

I bet you're one of these people with no job who stay at home all day watching TV with a pen a paper ready to write down anything that offends your little mind so you can fill in a complaint form and make yourself feel important. :rolleyes:

And you're just the one who takes it to the internet.

Soldato
Thing is, Man Flu is the Flu/Really bad cold.

No it isn't. Thats the whole point, it isn't a flu/bad cold. Its a minor cold made out to be bad.

Unless you are joking, in which case its just whooshed over my head. I have been doing an essay all day, my brain is dead, so its possible. :D

Associate
OP

I am. Thank you for giving me something else to complain about. ;)

Soldato
This is the one i use to get out of doing more than one man job a week, let them keep believing it is what i say, cause they do.

I milk that one for all it's worth. In fact i also milk the man-flu one as it seems to give women a great sense of pleasure to get stuff for you while mocking you for being a wimp.

The joke's on them! Hah!

Soldato
I remember seeing an advert for a cleaning product a few months back which had the punch-line, "so easy, a man can do it". If there was an advert aimed at men that said, "so easy a woman can do it" it would be ripped to shreds and pulled. That irritated me.

Soldato
No it isn't. Thats the whole point, it isn't a flu/bad cold. Its a minor cold made out to be bad.

Unless you are joking, in which case its just whooshed over my head. I have been doing an essay all day, my brain is dead, so its possible. :D

mate, i've had man flu, it is awful, let women joke about it as much as they like but man flu is not a joke for the more manly sex.

Back
Top Bottom