• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

TJ Max for a Phenom II X6 1090t?

Man of Honour
OP
Hi dfour,

H70 cooler (push/pull) & stock paste at the moment.

SS?

These items wouldn't affect the TJ Max? It seems from the little reading on the web that I have done, is that AMD don't seem to specify a TJ Max like Intel do, as it seems that Intels are 100deg?

I guess my main objective is, what is the best way to get as accurate temp readings as possible?

Soldato
Max cpu temp for the 1090T is 62 deg C. That is for the cpu temp not the core temp which should be disregarded as it is not accurate.

+1 - Just to explain further - Core Temps are software generated hence not accurate. Use Hardware Monitor for the true figure or Asus's PC Probe if thats the mainboard you have ;)

Soldato
If you are overclocking and pushing higher voltages the temperature delta between the actual core temperature and the measured cpu temperature (sensor behind the cpu socket on the motherboard i think) will be higher. So there isn't really a clear cut safe cpu temperature.

Back
Top Bottom