Asus P8P67 Pro - Red CPU LED

Associate
Just received my new motherboard - used to have the P8P67 but had it replaced and decided to upgrade to PRO B3.

Problem - Red CPU LED at boot. PC starts then turns off then starts again.

Symptons - All hard disks start up. All fans spin. NO video output.

Have checked CPU for any damage etc nothing all seems ok.

Completed CLR RTC procedure as well.

Please can you help.

Associate
Red CPU Led means your mobo is dead im affraid..had same issue,did RMA
Did you flashed bios to 1305? Or mobo have this red CPU Led from the box?

Associate
dont even waste your time - straight to RMA
there is also other possibility,that your cpu bad,maybe you can check it somewhere?
another thing - my RMA process took more than 3 weeks...

Associate
OP
dont even waste your time - straight to RMA
there is also other possibility,that your cpu bad,maybe you can check it somewhere?
another thing - my RMA process took more than 3 weeks...

There seems to bit lots of people have this red light issue - looking around on the forums. Maybe I'll just go to Gigabyte ?

Associate
OP
I think your biggest problem there was you decided on a asus board which has had so many problems since release.

I agreee very much so. This is my now 3rd board.

1st board - wrong motherboard in box - with incorrect stock label.
2nd board - double reboot issue and intel bug
upgraded from normal to pro
3rd board - pro board with red led ! arghhhhhhhhhh

Anyone recomend a good motherboard for about £150.

Soldato
Gigabyte P67A-UD4-B3 Intel P67 (Socket 1155) DDR3 Motherboard - (Sandybridge) ** B3 REVISION **

MSI P67A-GD65 Intel P67 (socket 1155) DDR3 Motherboard - (Sandybridge) ** B3 REVISION **

You could also consider the Asrock P67 Extreme 6 Intel P67 (Socket 1155) DDR3 Motherboard

but make sure its the B3 REVISION NOT THE B2

All depends what your using it for as well but all 3 should be ok with plenty of features.

Soldato
I am sure that Asus will gets things sorted out... they didn't get to the position they are currently in just by chance.

Having said that, you do appear to have had more than your fair share of problems though!

Soldato
I am sure that Asus will gets things sorted out... they didn't get to the position they are currently in just by chance.

Having said that, you do appear to have had more than your fair share of problems though!

Well there doing a very slow job at sorting the issues its been ongoing since the first B2 boards where released. :D

Back
Top Bottom