• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Official Sapphire Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 5850 Extreme 5850 Extreme Owners Thread**

Associate
Hi,

Just thought I'd start up an official thread for owners of this card but first off, a fantastic service from OC'uk as usual for getting the card shipped and delivered the following day.

My one has arrived and I can gladly report that it runs completely silent and cool.

The other good news is that using the Catalyst Control Centre, it gives you the option of overclocking the core upto 900mhz and the to 1250mhz so may be a sign that this card is a good overclocker but I have tried to OC it yet.

More to come when I get more time to spend with it lol.

MODS, can you please edit the thread title to **Official Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 5850 Extreme Owners Thread**

Thanks

Sorry!

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Why the weird title? :o

In my haste to post this thread I forgot to double check everything - I only had a bit of time mess around with the card and but just wanted to give the owners the good news that the've just bagged what looks like a really great card. Hopefully once I start to OC it, we'll start seeing what kind of OC'ing potential this card has.

Man of Honour
Yep got my 5850 today. Added to the existing one. Quite handy the new card is a little shorter as it helps to get air in-between them.

Unigine score went from 732 to 1256.

Last edited:
Soldato
My one has arrived and I can gladly report that it runs completely silent

Like the sound of that (get it?), will look forward to installing mine later, my old graphics card was the noisiest thing in my pc.

Also like the fact that it is short for better air flow.

Last edited:
Associate
Mine also arrived today.
Quiet isn't the word. Had the side of the case off and still had to look to see if the fan was spinning.
I'll have a play with Crysis 2 later on, then see if it can handle Solitaire. :D
Will keep it at stock for the time being but will eventually try higher clocks. (Just to see what it can do.)

Soldato
Mine is in and working, fiddling about with a TV instead of my monitor to try a bigger screen, it doesn't display the resolution properly. I had to change the overscan and then scale image to full panel size. It is now full screen, will keep tweaking to see if I can get it to look better.

Associate
OP
Well, I've just spent a bit of time overclocking the core and the maximum I can reach is 800mhz which is slightly disappointing because it is only 25mhz short of 100mhz . Tried it at 810mhz and it just crashes.

I have also tried to overvolt the card using MSI Afterburner and Sapphire Trixx but it doesn't look like you can with this card.

Has anyone else fared better with overclocking their card?

Associate
*5830* Quite literally had to check if this thing had the fan spinning, Whisper quite.. currently running Black Ops at about 40-70 FPS, and MW2 at 60-95 FPS. A brilliant buy for under 90pound, And tbh for some casual gaming with unbelievable visuals, Im extremely impressed.

Associate
my is perfoming wiredly (5850) cuz i my wei went from 7.3 to 7.2 (from a 4850) i know wei isnt accurate but still and my fps is only slightly better like 4 fps

Associate
OP
my is perfoming wiredly (5850) cuz i my wei went from 7.3 to 7.2 (from a 4850) i know wei isnt accurate but still and my fps is only slightly better like 4 fps

The 5850 should almost perform twice as fast as your 4850 and the reason why you are not noticing the performance increase may be due to your CPU bottlenecking your new card.

What CPU are you using and is it 4fps+ you are getting with all games in general?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom