Gigabyte GA-H67N-USB3-B3 Problems :(

Associate
I have just built a new media centre in antec isk case using a GA-H67N-USB3-B3 with an intel i3 2100t and ssd drive for boot. I have some serious issues however with the build :(
Installed win7 professional on it and then ran perfomance test when loading 3d textures system hung and just get coloured flashes on tv (using the hdmi port). Managed to get it to do the test by dropping my ddr3 1333 down to 800. However after anywhere between 5 minutes and 2 hours same thing happens again and only option is to power off and on again.
Thought perhaps it was my memory so bought some 1.5v crucial ddr3 1333 - again having same issues anywhere between 5 minutes to 3 hours , looks like the hdmi output goes screwy and then locks up whole PC. I have tried 2 different tv's now as well as different hdmi cables , and even 3 different psu's :(
I am running F3 bios - does this sound like a DOA system board or is there a beta bios that may fix this ??

OK not to stress it is a easy fix.

What is happening is that the board does not like your ram. I had the exact same thing with my board and the same CPU. I was able to swap the ram out and all was good.

I am having issues with my H67N-USB3-B3 too and trying to install onto my Vertex 3 and my Samsung F4 and this is the second one as i had the board swapped out today for a brand new one.

I have tried the F5 beta bios on tweaktown too and still the same.

Now if i put it in IDE or RAID mode it works and installs fine, just the AHCI mode wont play ball at all.

Not really good when you have a Vertex 3 sat in inside.

In the end I used a set of Geil ram and that sorted the tearing and flickering. Had that problem with all the CPU's I tested. Found out that it was a ram issue. Changed ram - problem gone never to return.

Checked the motherbpard on crucial website for compatibility and ram I bought is compatible (CT2KIT25664BA1339) loathe to try another 3rd set of ram in it but tearing what little hair I have left out now . As I say tried another set before again 1.5v 1333 and same issue.

I did not go the 1.5 volt ram route. The sticks that worked well need the full 1.65 volts. Not sure if that means much. The thing is it is a CPU - internal memory controller issue.

Just a quick update:
One of the mods over on tweakforums in gigabyte section suggested I up the graphics core voltage in bios or lower clock slightly (from default)
I upped the voltage only slightly and system has now been stable for 10+ hours
So perhaps the voltage regulation isn't quite as it should be on these boards. Just a thought for anyone else struggling with this particular board

Just a quick update:
One of the mods over on tweakforums in gigabyte section suggested I up the graphics core voltage in bios or lower clock slightly (from default)
I upped the voltage only slightly and system has now been stable for 10+ hours
So perhaps the voltage regulation isn't quite as it should be on these boards. Just a thought for anyone else struggling with this particular board

Thanks mate I never thought of doing that. I will give it a try with the other ram I used that failed to provide clean picture.

Rep +1 to you.

Back
Top Bottom