Carshaft - I wish id listened, read this :)

Soldato
Woah am i angry, for 1) im an idiot for not listening to a few thousand people (my carshaft thread went across a few forums) and 2) they have severely angered me today, read below..

Dear Carshaft

“You can relax in the knowledge that all our cars come with a free 2 year parts and labour guarantee*. This is all on top of the HPI and 120 point checks that we put every one of our cars through.”

Thats a lie..

Please can you tell me how the hell you manage to gain customers as it definitely isn’t word of mouth, now I was stupid enough to buy a car from you in the first place as I was young and silly but never again will I make such a silly mistake! Ive had to ring the NAC extended warranty myself as your pathetic and lazy members of staff wouldn’t do this on my behalf, well done, awesome customer service there.

Now please can you tell me why 2 problems I have are not covered under the warranty as im struggling to get around this myself, read on this gets interesting.

Now I brought the car back 2 days after the purchase due to a veryyyyy annoying sound coming from the front end, I was told by a friend who has his own VOSA garage that it was the CV boot on the driver side that was cracked and needed replacing, your mechanics said it didn’t need replacing and simply regreased it, thinking about it maybe this was to cover up the problem for a little while to cover yourselves from any repair, very smart and misleading I must admit, the only problem is its happened twice since, the first time my friend regreased it for me free of charge which was nice of him, I like his customer service if im honest its top notch.

The second problem I have is after the recent MOT I was told I have a cracked reluctor ring, which is you didn’t already know if part of the ABS system on the driveshaft, the problem I have is every time I press my brakes I get whiplash several times as well as a foot massage, how weird?? Well I rung the NAX myself and was told that this wouldn’t be covered, FANTASTIC!!! Now your garage was willing to charge me £30 for this, how do your staff now know what WILL be and WONT be covered on the warranty, the very nice guy at NAC told me that if I look in my booklet at a certain section then I would see that my problem isn’t covered, carcraft gave me this booklet, do you staff need reading lessons? My sister works in a nursery I recon we can come to some sort of agreement?

When buying the car the dude who was orite at the time (because he was making a sale!) told me that anything wearable isn’t covered on the warranty, extremely understandable as you’d have a scrap yard full of tyres but what he did tell me is that anything unwearable, i.e. if my engine fell out etc would be covered, ooo that seemed so tempting at the time! But how come my reluctor ring isn’t covered? I wish I brought the car back in the cooling off period, I can’t stress enough.

To end this and to come to my conclusion im letting you know that I am now going to look into some kind of legal action/advise against you as you falsely advised me on what could be repaired and what couldn’t, and not only that I’d like to let you know that ill make sure that every single person I know avoids you like a damn plague as this is just pathetic.

Kind regards :)

Mr James *SURNAME*

Man of Honour
*Awaits Fox*

Fox is really nasty and should never have been so critical of the guys purchase, people do what they want its nothing to do with him he's such a **** anyway.

Why cant he just be happy and post flowers and bunnies when people buy a new car? Its nothing to do with him how much they paid or where from!

Soldato
The structure of the letter isnt too important to me, and i aint the best but the point i want to make is extremely important.

Your point just isn't going to come across very well with a letter like that.

If I was to receive that I'd throw it in the bin thinking a 13 year old was winding me up. :p

Get a proper letter together. You will have a greater chance of getting something back. You've already been offered some help on here.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom