OC failed today after months of working fine ?

Soldato
Hay all.

I turned my pc on today and i get the that msg saying there was boot failures and i need to enter the bois and change the setting.

So i hit del key to see what is going on and then i get another error msg for the first ever.

Main bios checksum error. (then i think it loaded the default bios)

So i can't load my oc setting but i can load the default settings fine.

Can anyone help me please.

Thank you.

Soldato
OP
Oh silly me i was rushing to post lol.

CPU - Amd 955 (oc was 3.6)

Motherboard - GA-MA790FXT-UD5P.

Ram - OCZ PC3-8500 @1600mzh.

GPU - 5870 stock clocks.

PSU - OCZ 600w ModXStream Pro Power.

Harddrive - Samsung HD502HJ

Case - is a Cooler Master CM-690 II and i don't think heat is the problem.

Thank you :)

Soldato
OP
Thanks you.

Do i need a usb stick to run memtest i had problems running it last time off a usb mp3 player and i gave up. ( i thought imite of had problems with the ram before trying to get it stable @1600mzh and that is normal for that ram but i got it working in the end untill now.

I know it's very hot today and sunlight was hitting the side of my case that has a window. So i don' tknow if that can effect it that much as it was first time i turned it on today.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Thanks Blue160 i will get some in the morning.

It's just very strange it happened now after running ffor so long without problems.

I have double checked to see if any setting, voltage was change but all the same from what i can see.

And that error was new (Main bios checksum error) and from google info it says.
Checksum error usually comes up when the BIOS settings are reset. That happens if the jumper is in the clear position or if the battery is removed/dead. It may also be because the BIOS settings are corrupted.

My overclock still works with downgrade the ram speed.

cheers.

Soldato
OP
Really?

I got this ram here but it says 1600mzh.
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MY-201-OC&groupid=701&catid=8&subcat=

- 1600MHz DDR3
- CL 6-8-6-24 (CAS-TRCD-TRP-TRAS)
- Available in 4GB optimized kits
- Unbuffered
- Lifetime Warranty
- 1.55-1.65 Volts

I will double check what cpu-z says maybe i got sent the wrong ram chips.

Cpu-z says PC3-8500F (533 MHZ)
Part number OCZ3RPR1600C6LV2G
Code on the back of the of the packaging is not the same! OCZ3RPR1600C6LV4GK this code shows up on OCZ site http://www.ocztechnology.com/ocz-ddr3-pc3-12800-cl6-edition-reaper-low-voltage-dual-channel-eol.html

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
So have i been sent the wrong ram ?

My order history shows i did buy the 1600mhz stuff.

OCZ Reaper Low-Latency 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C6 1600MHz Dual-Channel (OCZ3RPR1600C6LV4GK)

If i was given the wrong ram is there anything i can do about it now after having it for 6 months but having problems with it anyways.

Thanks.

@MooMoo444.
Thanks i have done that a few times now and nothing seems to work :(
Anything over 1066 and the pc will fail to boot and i get this picture.

Last edited:
Soldato
I would not worry too much. Could be anything from a random crash to your cooling needing a dusting. Mine does it very occasionally and I have just cleaned the insides out and done it again and it sticks.

Back
Top Bottom