HZ27WC and HDCP

Associate
I have the glass HZ27WC (lovely) and currently a GTX 260 card. This does not detect the monitor correctly and does not support HDCP with it. I know that others have had the same problem with higher end Nvidia cards. Can anyone confirm that it works with Radeons, or has anyone got it working with an Nvidia card?

Associate
i have a WC and a HD6970, i tried the cyberlink advisor but it reports no HDCP support.

hazro claimed they would bring out a driver to get it working but nothing since.

Associate
Indeed Hazro, can you confirm that there will be a fix for Nvidia graphics card owners with the 'C' model? Same prob with my GTX480. Great monitor otherwise though!

Associate
I have the glass HZ27WC (lovely) and currently a GTX 260 card. This does not detect the monitor correctly and does not support HDCP with it. I know that others have had the same problem with higher end Nvidia cards. Can anyone confirm that it works with Radeons, or has anyone got it working with an Nvidia card?

I believe there are two issues here:
1) Both HZ27WA and HZ27WC not detected correctly with Nvidia cards.
2) HZ27WC doesn't support HDCP, despite being advertised as doing so.

I also have a H27WC and
1) it works fine with my ATI 6870
2) HDCP doesn't work on mine either, having checked with Cyberlink Advisor.
(HDCP was working on my previous Samsung monitor and I haven't changed anything else in my PC, so it is definately the monitor).

Associate
I know the monitor should work out of the box if advertised as HDCP compatible but could you not just use SlySofts AnyDVDHD to work around the HDCP issue for now.

Associate
OP
I know the monitor should work out of the box if advertised as HDCP compatible but could you not just use SlySofts AnyDVDHD to work around the HDCP issue for now.
That will be a last resort, but I don't want to throw money at it if it is going to be fixed. At that price, it's getting close to the difference between the C and A versions of the monitor.

Associate
Last edited:
Associate
I had the same problem with the HZ30WiE. The manual and various reviews stated it had HDCP support but it was non existent. The OCUK product page doesn't mention HDCP so assume it isn't supported unless they directly confirm otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom