Just Bricked my 5DII :(

Soldato
Got home from work tonight and thought I'd have a little play with my camera. Within a few seconds it got bricked :(

IMG_4946.JPG

:D

Canon 5DII + 24 - 70 mm f2.8 'The Brick' = :D

Absolutely stunning lens, just want this crappy weather to clear up so i can take a few shots with it. Bought to replace my aging and fungal infected 28 - 105 and largely to be used for headshots / teamshots at the footy along with some landscape stuff till i get the cash together for the 16 - 35 mm f2.8.

Associate
Thread fails to deliver :p Was expecting some camera to floor based disaster, I was all ready to be giving sympathy and everything! Now all I've got is envy!:(

It really manages to make the 5d look small too, explains the nickname for sure. The thing that actually really impressed me on this lens (I don't own one but I know those who do) is the way the hood works. Just struck me as ingenious when I first saw it, it's probably quite common mind.

Associate
Nice! I admit I'm getting tired of lugging around mine now. Find myself more and more opting for lighter lenses like the 16-35 or 85/135mm prime. But for everyday use there is no better lens ^^

Caporegime
Nice! I admit I'm getting tired of lugging around mine now. Find myself more and more opting for lighter lenses like the 16-35 or 85/135mm prime. But for everyday use there is no better lens ^^

Funnily enough i'd grab my 35L before I grab the 24-70L in most situations.

But still, I took my car pics with my 24-70L. It does its job :D

Soldato
OP
Nah, that keyboard in the background is straight out of the bargain bin - I know because I have the same one. :D

:D

Been looking for a bit of an all rounder and this one fits the bill quite nicely. Got rid of my 50 mm this week and banished the 28 - 105 to a bag which probably wont see the light of day again.

As for the grip issue, with the type of photos I predominantly take there isn't much call for portrait held shots so dont see the need for it as my camera is sitting on a tripod / monopod :p

The worrying thing for me is that the amount I've spent on lenses this past 6 months I'm about to get rid off again paying part of my student loans! Wanting to go debt free before taking the plunge into buying a house so no more lenses for a while.....even though i just want one......and a 1DIV.........and maybe a 400 f2.8 to go with it :o

Back
Top Bottom