Error 70 - help?!

Associate
So, I keep getting an error 70 on the Dr Debug whenever I boot up my system. Quick check in the book of words and it turns out it's the number for SouthBridge DXE initialisation. I can't complete boot up until disconnecting power and reconnecting until it resets the UEFI to default - the only thing I've changed though is using the auto clock to set it to 4.6GHz. I understand that SouthBridge is something to do with the chipset, which CPU-Z tells me is Intel ID1C44 - don't know if this helps or not.

Any ideas guys? Bit of a pain not being able to OC my i5 2500k and having to essentially reboot 3 or 4 times to boot up properly.

ASRock Extreme 4 gen 3
i5 2500k @ 3.3 Ghz
Antec Kuhler H20 620
G.Skill RipJawsX 4GB 1600MHz Dual Channel
Corsair Enthusiast 700W PSU

Associate
Nice to see somebody with the same problem, i really hope we get a solution. I have the Extreme3 gen3. I have got up to 4.5ghz on manual OC but not managed to get 4.6 because of this error. My temps are still so low so i really should be able to go higher.

Associate
hey,

iv been having this problem but only when in try for OC's over 5.1GHz...i played around with the vcore voltage and vtt voltage and it seems to go away... i did have to clear cmos and start again because of this error though...not much help i know but i hope it helps none the less

will

Associate
I've had this same problem with the same board, tried all kinds but got nowhere at all. Setting the BCLK to 99.0 mhz just allowed me to get by this. Perhaps this is a coincidence but notice with this board it's never exactly at 100mhz anyways. Will update if error 70 says hello again but let me know if this has helped for you.

Soldato
got EXACTLY the same problem with mine - it worked fine for a couple of days letting me run benches @ 4.6, 4.8 and 5Ghz. Then just yesterday refused to boot anything above 4.5Ghz. Same error code 70 (South Bridge DXE initialisation is started)

:( :( :( - seems common in the asrock boards looking at the threads on XS

Back
Top Bottom