Body For Life

Associate
Been give this book and been considering the 12 week training plan.

New to all this stuff but wondering if someone can give me advise on tweaking some of the work outs so I can do them at home with just a set of dumbbells.

12 week plan:

http://i.imgur.com/YQcQD.png
http://i.imgur.com/hctAL.png

Day 1
Upper Body
Weight
Training

Day 2
20-Minute
Aerobics
Solution

Day 3
Lower Body
Weight
Training

Day 4
20-Minute
Aerobics
Solution

Day 5
Upper Body
Weight
Training

Day 6
20-Minute
Aerobics
Solution

I have a running machine that I will use for the Aerobic.

People that just make comments like this annoy me. body for life is a book based on a 12 week plan. Its not do it for 12 weeks then sit there and get fat. Its meant to do a lot more, but I'm not about to quote the whole book on a forum.

If you haven't got anything helpful to add I would rather you didn't bother

Looks alright to me. I would read the bodybuilding sticky at the top of the forum until someone with more knowledge comes along.

If you're really new to this I would just do full body to begin with. Start off with very very light weights and 15 reps x 2 sets for the first few weeks to help condition the body then start increasing weights. I am doing this after following advise given by Wanton on here after I started to get niggling injuries and realised my body wasn't quite up to the task.

Plenty of info on exercises in the 'directory' link here: http://www.exrx.net/Exercise.html

Last edited:
My issue is some of the work out looks like it may need equipment which I don't have in the house. Looking to try and find good replacements for some of the exercises that may need a bench to ones I could do in the house

My issue is some of the work out looks like it may need equipment which I don't have in the house. Looking to try and find good replacements for some of the exercises that may need a bench to ones I could do in the house

Have a look in the exercise directory, it has dumbbell exercises for you.

Last edited:
Cool cheers for the link, some cool info especially as I do shift work

I'm doing it currently, and i'm not craving food, i enjoy three big meals per day within 8 hours, and i also use the diet as a way to detox.

Exrx.net is a brilliant site as well, i do the Upper/Lower full body workout twice a week, different exercises in both sessions as well.

Edit: I spent a good 7 hours sorting out my diet yesterday as well, counting every single gram and trying to get it close to what i needed for each nutrient, what a pain it was.

Last edited:
At the moment I haven't stared this. Just exercising and running.

Plan of action is to not start this until I fully understand what I need to do and have a meal plan setup that works for me and my shifts and also the rest of the family.

Last thing I want to do is go at this half assed and get feed up.

My current stats are:

Height 5:10
Weight 12st
Body Fat 16.8

My BMI is fine, and I hate to use the word "small boned" but I am so any extra fat looks stupid on me

Back
Top Bottom