Can't boot after rebuilding my PC

Soldato
Hi,
I've moved down under and shipped my PC over here. I took it all apart and packed components individually. I've now put it all back together and it won't boot :(

It says: Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:
1. Insert your windows installation disc and restart your computer.
2. Choose your language settings, and then click "next."
3. Click "Repair your computer."

If you do not have this disc, contact your admin.

Info: The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible

When I dismantled before shipping it was running a working Windows 7 install so what could have happened here?
I've isolated the boot HDD and tried it with all SATA ports. BIOS recognises the drive is there.

What to try next? I don't have the disc anymore so can I download a Win7 recovery or Win7 repair and try that?

Thanks

Don
Do you have any 3rd party software that could have messed with your boot options? Ie Acronis or an imaging tool

Did you previously have more hard drives plugged in? You may have installed Windows with more than one hard drive plugged in and now it's messed up.

Need more info

Google that status code until you find a scenario that fits

Soldato
OP
Success!! Typing this from the PC.

I'm not 100% sure how this fixed it but it was to do with what was plugged in.
It looks like individually my 3 HDD's were found in BIOS but when all 3 where connected the boot drive wasn't visible. I unplugged one and left 2 in and hey presto, Win7 loaded up! I had also changed the wiring around a bit so maybe that was a factor too. I've now connected up the third one again and everything boots up just as it used to.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom