Skyrim crossfire fix!

Soldato
Firstly sorry if this has already been mentioned

I stumbled upon this little gem today, I was having some issues with crossfire in skyrim (shocker eh), but I ended up settling for running the game at high no big deal, looked fine. With CF enabled I could only hit 20fps peak!

Anyway this 100% fixed everything, both cards now being fully utilised, game runs super smooth, no frame drops, everything maxed out :)

A simple one...find TESV.exe in your skyrim folder, rename it to fallout3.exe and your done. Seemingly as the game is the same engine as fallout 3 the CAP works equally as well for both games! So renaming the file triggers CAP to run the fallout3 profile and just runs amazing.

I don't know if this would help with any other issues, but its worth a punt surely.

*note* I'm not sure if this works for SLI users or not, but by all means try it, whats the worst that can happen :p

Edit: one last thing, the game will no longer launch via steam with this, as the launcher will look for TESV.exe, you will need to manually launch fallout3.exe

Last edited:
Associate
Wow top find fellow works 100%

Have 5870 as main card then a 5970 as second (this way cause of cooling) was struggleing to get 30fps at 2560x1440 set at mix of high and ultra and now a solid 60fps
Was going to get a 580 to play this lol.

Soldato
2 hours playing and its still working fine. Thanks again, and have a gold star:
golden_star.png

Soldato
OP
No probs, I can't take any credit though as I found it else where...just sharing the wealth as they say.

I was genuinely surprised to find caps were activated by the exe name, I thought they were more complex then that.

Damien make sure your friend named it correctly.

Soldato
Didn't do much for me, already capped at 60 but I'm on older tech (4870x2), however, no matter what I do (forced off through CC and edited the .ini) vsync won't turn off.
However, it seemed to make mouse movement a little more smoother/responsive (also turned off mouse smooth before).

Soldato
OP
I didn't guarantee it would work for everyone, just worked for me so thought I would share, if it helps I'm also on 11.10 with 11.9 cap4, fps rose from around 20 to vsync limit of 60 on ultra.

For those its not working for what drivers etc are you all on? See if we can find some common ground for it not working.

Back
Top Bottom