XFX PSU information!

Soldato
Hey guys!

I thought I would post about the XFX Power Supplies.

They are great units with a very reliable OEM behind them. If you want a quality great unit then look no further.

Q1. Well you may well ask who the OEM is?

Seasonic - for all the XFX PSU's. Unlike other PSU vendors even the entry level range is Seasonic.

Q2. What are the main differences between the ranges?

The 450w-850w Core Editions are none modular and 80 Plus Bronze rated. The Black Edition 750w/850w are 80 Plus Silver and Modular.
The Black Edition 1050w and 1250w are 80 Plus Gold and Modular.
The Black Edition 1000w is 80 Plus Platinium and Modular (only Platinium PSU that OcUK sells currently).

Q3. How reliable are the PSUs?

XFX offer a full 5 year warranty with ALL their PSUs so that is a good indication.

Q4. What makes these units reliable?

XFX use Seasonic who use only the best components to build the units. They also are made with one single, powerful 12volt rail to ensure the best source of power for your valuable hardware components.

Q5. How noisy is it?

Very quiet, the fan used is almost silent, and the unit has it's own built in PWM functionality to ensure that the fans speed is adjusted automatically depending on the load/temp of the unit.

Q6. Why buy an XFX unit?

As already stated a great 5 year warranty covers these products, including the entry level lines. XFX cover every wattage requirement for any system and being an XFX unit they look amazing. Our returns rate is also the lowest of any manufacturer/brand that we currently sell.

Here are a select few options within the range. Click Here for the full Range

XFX Pro 450W Core Edition '80 Plus Bronze' Power Supply @ £45.98 inc VAT

CA-006-XF_400.jpg

Unique, continuous EasyRail™ technology enables you to maximize available power and make set-up easy. Stack numerous power-hungry components without fear of crashing. It's also a perfect solution for hardcore gamers.

- 450W of continuous power at 50°C
- Tight voltage regulation (±5%)
- High efficiency operation up to 85% (80 Plus Bronze)
- Single, high power +12V rail (up to 53A/636W)
- High quality Japanese brand capacitors (105°C)
- Quiet 135mm ball bearing fan provides superior cooling
- Supports multiple high-end graphic adapters (NVIDIA SLI & ATI CrossFire Ready)
- Supports the latest ATX12V and EPS12V standards
- Active PFC with Universal AC input
- Energy Star 4.0 and RoHS compliant
- 5-Year Limited Warranty

Only £45.98 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

XFX 850W Black Edition Modular '80 Plus Silver' Power Supply @ £122.99 inc VAT

CA-000-XF_400.jpg

The XFX Black Edition 850 watt modular power supply gives you the power you need with a brilliant combination of form and function. Giving more than just life to your PC, this power supply allows easy cable management with modular connectors which helps increase airflow. With tight voltage regulation and high efficiency operation up to 88% (80 Plus Silver) this power supply will give you exactly what you need to keep your gaming charged and ready.

- 850W of continuous power at 50°C
- 80 Plus Silver Rating
- SLI Ready
- Detachable Modular Cables
- High quality Japanese brand capacitors (105°C)
- Tight voltage regulation (±3%)
- High efficiency operation up to 88% (80 Plus Silver)
- Single, high power +12V rail (up to 70A/840W)
- DC to DC Voltage Regulator modules for +3.3V and +5V
- Solid polymer caps provide enhanced reliability and stability
- Quiet 135mm ball bearing fan provides superior cooling
- Supports multiple high-end graphic cards (SLI & CrossFire)
- Active Power Factor Correction
- 5-year Limited Warranty

Only £122.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

XFX 1250W Black Edition Pro '80+ Gold' Certified Modular Power Supply @ £245.99 inc VAT

CA-009-XF_400.jpg

Only £245.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

XFX 1000W Black Edition Pro '80+ Platinum' Certified Modular Power Supply @ £224.99 inc VAT

CA-011-XF_400.jpg

Only £224.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

logojzh.jpg

Associate
Really loving the look of these PSU's. The performance seems great as well. Very tempted to buy one for my new build, the 5 year warranty is the main selling point for me along with the silence.

Associate
Wow, didn't realise XFX had brought out the 1000/1250W units.
Same as the Seasonic Platinum-1000 and X-1250 respectively from what I've read, so fantastic units, and fully modular too.

I've always maintained that XFX PSUs are almost always the best value for money out there whatever wattage you need, good to see them getting some attention,

Soldato
were is the xfx rma based? stulid found something but that was a link through a nvidia site so maybe for gpus.

oh and looks like you've upped the price of the platinum one by £5, I'm sure it was £220 when I looked the other day.

Soldato
no reply regarding the rma question?

the seasonic one is same price and has 2yrs extra warranty, which would you get if you were buying? forget your ocuk bias for the time being.

Soldato
OP
To enable the 5 year warranty you must register your PSU here http://xfxforce.com/en-gb/Help/Support.aspx (All explained in the box too)

Also the RMA centre is in the UK - Preston to be exact.

You can use us for the first year for any RMA's or deal with XFX directly. Either is fine for us. After the first year you have to deal with XFX directly and there turn-around is very quick too.

This is better than our other top selling PSU's. OCZ and Corsair's RMA centers are both based in Holland which means that shipping back of faulty units is far more costly than XFX UK returns :)

But looking at the products the fault percentage is extremely low anyway :)

Soldato
Always good to get some insider knowledge. Thanks.

Wonder if XFX will release a fully modular PSU like Seasonic X-Series or Platinium series. As they are great for highly managed cases or small ones when PSU needs removing but don't want to remove the cables.

Associate
Been looking at buying a new 750W PSU and have been leaning towards XFX one, must have read nearly every review on these. They sound like a great unit at a good price too

Soldato
Been looking at buying a new 750W PSU and have been leaning towards XFX one, must have read nearly every review on these. They sound like a great unit at a good price too

if you don't mind non-modular the core edition 750w is £72 today only, the black edition which is modular is £100(normally £105 but on offer from last wednesday to tommorow morning).

Associate
if you don't mind non-modular the core edition 750w is £72 today only, the black edition which is modular is £100(normally £105 but on offer from last wednesday to tommorow morning).

Yeah I know, looking the the black edition modular one as I can't be bothered to hide all spare cables. Just have to check the funds a day before pay day and this close to xmas

Back
Top Bottom