Silverstone SST-FT03-Mini (Mini-Itx)

Permabanned
Silverstone launched SST-FT03-Mini (Mini-Itx) in Japan on October 8th. Along with SG08, TJ04 and GD07.

Mini-Itx

1X 140mm ap fan

189mm(W) x 397mm(H) x 235mm(D) ( 47mm taller and bit wider compare to a virtical SG07 222 mm (w) x 190 mm (h) x 350 mm (d))

Slot-loading ODD

3.5"x1 / 2.5"x2

USB 3.0

I would say this is more like a virtical version of SG05, with fancier shell, different ODD and panel port placement of course. Look at pic 3

source: http://akiba-pc.watch.impress.co.jp/hotline/20111008/etc_sstone0.html

sseva1.jpg

sseva2.jpg

sseva3.jpg

sseva4.jpg

sseva5.jpg

sseva6.jpg

sseva7.jpg

sseva8.jpg
[/

Permabanned
OP
140mm fan at the base, i love the idea of the upward cooling. Stick a 140mm RAD SR-1 be a nice cool system. Can also run the RAID0 on my SSD's with 1 3TB drive.

Unsure if it's ATX or SFX PSU

Have it on order anyway

Soldato
I think this case looks (internally) like a winner.

It would just be nice if externally it looked less like a mini fridge. :D

[Edit] Another thing, it's bigger in terms of volume than the SG07/08. So it seems that you trade a smaller footprint for a bigger volume. Debatable personally if i'd take this over the SG07, I guess it would depend on how easy it is to work with and get something like an H6O inside of.

Soldato
Cooling sounds bad. Unless there is a vent on the far side that we cannot see. I would have expected a vent on the same side as the PSU but I can see that getting rather warm.

No need for an exhaust, with some clever use of gas flow you can cool the thing without the need of any case fan. I have seen it before be used to cool a pc passively in the bigger case.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiJzo89eayg

Would work even better with a picopsu. Not bad considering the cpu is a 125W tdp. I am seriously considering one for my next htpc for this reason.

Soldato
The design looks like a fail.

Look at all the wasted space at the top. They could have made the case less taller or made more room for internal components.

It looks like a arse-halfed effort from Silverstone - TBH,it looks like they shoe-horned an SG05 into the case in a vertical orientation.

Last edited:
Associate
I didnt like the ft03 :( having 2 HDs installed it just buzzed away and got on my nerves. I like the style though, perhaps the smaller version will be better.

What would make it better is putting a detachable handle on the side or on top. Would make a great SSF lan gaming case :)

Soldato
Just watched a video of this at CES 2012 and, although it looks cool, I'm just don't like how external cables connect. Resulting in a taller case because of the void space required to hide external cable connections.

And daving cables drop down from the top will probably ruin the aesthetics, even if you bunch them together in a cable wrap.

Soldato
Ugh, didn't notice the wasted space at the top the first time around.

Whole thing just reeks of missed opportunity. If SS did an SG07/08 that was in more of a tower orientation and looked half decent without wasting space or looking like a mini-fridge i'd be all over it.

Back
Top Bottom