TinTin on 360 freezing - any advice?

Associate
I setup my daughter's new xbox and got everything going (once I found my adsl router settings for Live) but for some reason TinTin keeps freezing.

It happened within a minute of starting, then it made it five minutes before locking up. I have searched the net and the only advice is on the MS forum that says clear the memory cache. I did that and it got a bit further but then froze again.

Forza 4 works perfectly and as does the Sky app. Any one else had a similar issue with this game or any other single title while others work?

Soldato
Is the disc scratched? Have a quick look.

Also try installing the game to the hard drive if you can, it'll eliminate any potential disc problems. Doesn't sound like an issue with your Xbox as it can play Forza 4 (a more graphically challenging game) fine.

Soldato
It's happening on my 360 too. I've played many games on mine (which is a 360S from last year) without any problems but this pile of **** keeps crashing. No scratches on the disk either. I'll try a full install tomorrow.

Soldato
I've tried it with the game installed and it still crashes in the same way. I then tried the game on an old Xbox 360 (more than 4 years old) and it works without any problems. I wonder if it's a problem with the slim model of the console?

Associate
OP
Same here. Disk is perfect (brand new) and installing made no difference. My daughter has found that the Ice Age 3 demo also freezes randomly, yet other similar style games work fine.

Given the lack of reports so far, I wonder if this is a recent issue and could be connected with the dashboard update?

I am out of the loop with 360s but I thought the slims were relatively problem free. I did notice the air be shoved out of the fan vent is very warm compared to any part of my PC but I assume this is due to the enclosed nature of the 360 hardware.

Soldato
Given the lack of reports so far, I wonder if this is a recent issue and could be connected with the dashboard update?

I have the latest update on both the slim and the old 360 and the Tintin game works without any issues on the old one but the slim one freezes more than I did whilst performing in a school play all those years ago (and that's saying something).

Of course it could be a new update + slim problem.

Associate
OP
It does appear to be an issue with the slim and update. Various problems popping up for an number of people in different games on the Xbox forum but not affecting everyone :(

MS are being very quiet about it. I am tempted to send the whole lot back as 'not fit for purpose' but not sure how I stand regarding the activated 12month Live pre-pay card, that was part of the bundle.

Slight update: I popped over to my parents as my youngest sister also got a 360 slim for Christmas. I tried Tintin and it works fine. The only difference is that their 360 hasn't had the update, as their internet is down until Virgin fix it in a few days.

Last edited:
Soldato
It does appear to be an issue with the slim and update. Various problems popping up for an number of people in different games on the Xbox forum but not affecting everyone :(

MS are being very quiet about it. I am tempted to send the whole lot back as 'not fit for purpose' but not sure how I stand regarding the activated 12month Live pre-pay card, that was part of the bundle.

Slight update: I popped over to my parents as my youngest sister also got a 360 slim for Christmas. I tried Tintin and it works fine. The only difference is that their 360 hasn't had the update, as their internet is down until Virgin fix it in a few days.

Shame on Microsoft! I wonder what other games are not working on the slim as a result of the update? Thanks for the feedback by the way. At least it seems as though we've narrowed the problem down to slim + latest update. As I said earlier, it works fine on the older 360s with the latest update.

Soldato
By the looks of things it must be the new slim 360 plus the new update because a family member is having the same issues with the game, go get a refund for the game. It was hard locking or freezing the console and only a powerdown of the console fixed it until they played it again.

Associate
OP
try installing the game, contact microsoft help desk?

As I said, I have tried installingit to the HDD but it doesn't help. I haven't tried contacting MS beyond the official forum as I assumed they would be offering limited support for the Bank Holiday period. I intend to call them tomorrow but I don't hold out to much hope at this stage.

Associate
OP
Another update.

Credit to TilledOsprey06 on the xbox forum for finding this out but if you prevent the console from connecting to Live (I just turned off my router wireless) the game runs without freezing. You can still use your gamertag and saves normally.

Hopefully if this works for everyone with this issue, it will be much easier for MS/Ubisoft to work on a fix.

Soldato
Another update.

Credit to TilledOsprey06 on the xbox forum for finding this out but if you prevent the console from connecting to Live (I just turned off my router wireless) the game runs without freezing. You can still use your gamertag and saves normally.

Hopefully if this works for everyone with this issue, it will be much easier for MS/Ubisoft to work on a fix.

Thanks for the info. I'll give this a try tomorrow. :)

Back
Top Bottom