• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** ALL HAIL THE NEW HEAVEN KING - ATI 7970 3GB!! (TRI-FIRE TESTED)**

OcUK Staff
Hi there

Well as promised here is some insight to some of the early benchmarks we've managed with the new ATI 7970's (Yes OcUK has 100+ in stock). The following benchmarks are just Heaven for now with the settings taken from the forum benchmarking thread. I shall do some more benchmarks tomorrow at maximum 2560x1600 resolution as this is where these cards excel.

Heaven.jpg

For now though:-
7970 3GB
Core Clock - 1125MHz
Memory Clock - 6300MHz
Voltage - NO CHANGE (Stock)

SINGLE CARD
single7970oc.png

DUAL CARDS
dual7970oc.png

TRIPLE CARDS
tri7970oc.png

The scaling is very impressive and at these clock speeds there was zero signs are corruption or micro stuttering. Needless to say I am amazed and very happy.

Also another keypoint, even with three cards, maximum temperature recorded was 92c, with a single card it was 72c. They run cooler and quieter than previous generation 7970. :)

Well done ATI! :D

OcUK Staff
OP
And why not against 580 3gb in same machine

92c is massive my 480s on air overclocked don't hit 92 and that's in an 800d

Placing a GTX 580 3GB in same machine tomorrow. :)

ATI Cards tend to run well into 100c, only 92c maximum with three cards and thats because they are all sandwiched next to each other.

We'd never recommend more than two, there is little point really as one is powerful enough, two will destroy anything you throw at them and well three or four is overkill.

OcUK Staff
OP
What CPU is it? Something with no chance of bottlenecking three these monsters I'm sure.

Its NDA, but unfortunately it won't overclock as multiplier locked so its now a bad choice but as we don't have a free sample 3960X kicking about were going to stick with it, just can't mention what it is. But we believe a 3960X at 4GHz would be quicker.

Man of Honour
So single one OC'd is pretty much same performance as GTX470 SLI @ 800MHz... which is very decent performance but I've been enjoying it for over a year and only paid £300 for it :D

Back
Top Bottom