Futeko Mali400 ICS 7" Tablet with HDMI, £99 looks good?

• Thread starter Thread starter mrk
  • Start date Start date
A friend has a similar one, same chipset etc. but in a different casing. He also has a Touchpad, iPad and Nook running Android. He said this cheap tablet is pretty good, but he wouldn't recommend it for general tablet use as the CPU means that some stuff doesn't work on it. Also the screen isn't fantastic when compared to the Nook. He uses it as a 'by the bed' tablet for a bit of gaming, browsing etc.

TFT according to the spec.

All flat panels are TFT displays unless they're AMOLED/OLED. An IPS screen is still a TFT-LCD. SO the spec saying TFT isn't really that accurate but they do say it's the same display as the iPad 2 and Galaxy Tab 10.1 so I can't imagine it being a cheap quality screen.

Sorry my bad...I assumed they would have said TFT IPS or something, so its all good?
How much can we trust the website for details etc though?
I was thinking about this anways, but what would it be like using this over my iPad ( 1 st gen) in terms of jsut Browsing, Email andf thinkgs like iPlayer etc....cause that all Iuse my iPad for, but its incredibly slow now for browsing websites.

Last edited:
It's a teclast, so reliability could be iffy.

Many on head fi love their T51 player, but quite a few have been faulting, you have been warned.

...but they do say it's the same display as the iPad 2 and Galaxy Tab 10.1 ....

I would imagine they are referring to the fact the screen is Capacitive, like the iPad etc., rather than IPS or similar......but could be lucky ?!

Also, they are shipping with Market and Android 2.3.4, which is nice, but there is mention that ICS is definite too - in fact, it is already available on it, but no Android Market in current build...

Looks very good, for the money, not really any competition at this price point either :)

I'll wait until workmate's one arrives and give it a good old burn and run of a few benchmarks :p Stock is on the 9th and he's chosen priority mail so should get it soon after.

Will availability be fine? If so mrk I would like to read your impressions of it!
Some decent pics as well if possible as I can't find jack on the net about it!

Someone likes it:

good in hand,
December 29,2011
By Ford

Advantages:
Many thanks to McBub for your prompt delivery. Tablet looks all in good build quality. Wifi signal strength is very decent, keeping 3 full green bar when it was two meters away from the router.

Back
Top Bottom