600T SE cracking noises

Soldato
Do any other 600T owners experience "cracking" noises as the case expands and contracts with temperature changes? Mine does it all the time and it's starting to get annoying.

Here's a very quick and simple example. CPU at 32c and GPU at 27c and then I run Furmark. The video starts about 1 minute after Furmark was launched. You can hear distinct "cracks" as the GPU (and to a lesser extent the CPU) heats up the case.

The same thing happens in reverse when it cools down. If I play BF3 for a couple of hours and then quit back into Windows it makes cracking noises for about 15 minutes as everything cools down.

Just to confirm it's NOT anything catching on the fans and temps don't exceed 70c for the GPU or 72c for the CPU.

Perhaps it's perfectly normal for all I know?!?

Associate
heat! its making the plastic expand and shrink when cooling back down. I think this is what is making the noise. I built a pc with the sa,e case and it did the same thing.

Last edited:
Associate
By the amount of ppl with the cases saying the same. I would say its not good, but normal.

I think its a pretty poor show by Corsair and I was even less impressed with the 650d build quality.

I am looking at maybe getting the 810 switch and in the pictures it looks very plastic like its made a bit like the 600t and that worries me. The creaking & cracking would drive me mad, but then I cant justify the cost of a TJ11

Soldato
My 600t does this as well. Doesn't do it so much now but that might be down to it being winter and my gaming room is quite chilly. Doesn't bother me really, if you have a good gaming session for a few hours it happens a couple of times.

Soldato
is it just me or has this case had a lot of issues:

- burnt out fan controllers
- poor 200mm fan performance
- 200mm fans rattling
- excessive fan noise because of mesh
- and now thermal expansion creaking

hmmmm, mine should be arriving in the next few days - im skeptical to see how good it is...

Associate
is it just me or has this case had a lot of issues:

- burnt out fan controllers
- poor 200mm fan performance
- 200mm fans rattling
- excessive fan noise because of mesh
- and now thermal expansion creaking

hmmmm, mine should be arriving in the next few days - im skeptical to see how good it is...

If it's any reassurance, I've had my 600T white for nearly 6 months now and had absolutely no problems whatsoever...

Soldato
OP
Update!

I've tightened all the screws holding the plastic window in place and it seems to have solved (or very much reduced) the cracking noises.

I'll see for sure later tonight when I have more time.

Soldato
I have 3 lian-li pc60's with side windows and they all do the same thing. They are not the same case but I know how annoying this can be. I have got used to it now but when they were new, it was quite alarming to hear these noises. I had visions of the plexi-glass window on each of them developing cracks in the corners :eek:

My hazy mind seems to remember an older case I had back in the day, It had an all metal chassis with plastic side panels, top and front. It would creak, crack and groan all the time lol. This was back in 2000 I think...

Soldato
If it's any reassurance, I've had my 600T white for nearly 6 months now and had absolutely no problems whatsoever...

good good :)

I've tightened all the screws holding the plastic window in place and it seems to have solved (or very much reduced) the cracking noises.

ill try this as well, perhaps ill try silicone washers as well depending on the spacing and screws :)

Soldato
OP
I sent a link to my Youtube video to Corsair just to see if they deemed it normal and got a reply -

This is normal with most cases that are made of plastic, it is just on some cases the noise is very noticeable and some very subtle, we just don't which cases will produce the noticeable sound. This issue not uncommon with both 500R and 400R, there are some isolated cases though in the field but very minimal and we have advised to let the plastic wear out up to the point where the noise will eventually degrade.

They also offered me a FOC black side panel?!? :rolleyes:

Soldato
OP
+1 to this, also is that CPU cooler supposed to be mounted like that? Mine is pointing down LOL. Am I doing it wrong?

Depends on the case and layout of fans. Mine orientated correctly for this case.

Google "Freezer Pro 7 Rev 2" and look at the images. 99% will be orientated like mine.

Back
Top Bottom