1 Series - F20

Soldato
My partner has a new car and it's now my turn :)

I'm leaning towards a white 1 Series (F20) 118i M Sport, with the following options:

Driver Comfort Pack : Cruise, rear PDC and servotronic steering
Visibility Pack : Xenon lights, auto dimming mirror, auto wipers and high beam assist.
Interior Comfort Pack : extended light and storage
Sun Protection Pack

bmw1_4.jpg

I'm pretty close to ordering - is there anything i've missed/thoughts ?

Go for a 120i instead - it's usefully more powerful. Infact it's actually a cracking engine combo really - power and economy and no diesel.

You've also missed Pro Nav. This will give you a bigger screen, hard drive for music etc as well as 3d navigation.

Pay for some paint too, white is crap.

[TW]Fox;21516892 said:
Go for a 120i instead - it's usefully more powerful. Infact it's actually a cracking engine combo really - power and economy and no diesel.

You've also missed Pro Nav. This will give you a bigger screen, hard drive for music etc as well as 3d navigation.

Pay for some paint too, white is crap.

The only engine options on the online car builder are 116, 118 and 125. The 125 would be nice but my budget won't stretch that far :/

I have TomTom on my iPhone so didn't see didn't see the point in paying £2k for an inferior Nav unit??

The M Sport colour options are pretty limited - it's either White, Black, Orange or Blue. I thought the white looked the better colour.

Well that was shortlived! It seems to have already been replaced by the 125i.

Still, at 7.4 to 60 and 170bhp the 118i still looks like a great choice. However the 125i looks stunning and is only £1500 more. You are already blowing £24,000+ on a small hatchback so whats another £1500 really?

The reason for the nav - despite the fact that arguably a Tomtom is more capable is because an integrated system is just nicer. No sticking things to the windscreen is a huge benefit but with the BMW nav it also improves your iDrive system giving you a larger, higher resolution screen and hard drive for music etc.

Sorry but for me the new 1 is an absolutely hideous looking motor in any guise. Cant actually believe how awkward they look in the metal, that snout looks grafted on. If you must, must have one then at least make sure its got a half decent engine in it :p

Back
Top Bottom