HTC Desire 2430mAH Gold Battery?

Soldato
Seen some of these on the bay, are they any good? I know their not official HTC ones, but the one I have now is and had it for 3 years. The battery barely lasts a day so I think it's time to get a new one.

The genuine ones from HTC go for £20+, where as this Gold one can be had for £10 and apparently will last longer. Anyone got one of these?

Soldato
Seen some of these on the bay, are they any good? I know their not official HTC ones, but the one I have now is and had it for 3 years. The battery barely lasts a day so I think it's time to get a new one.

The genuine ones from HTC go for £20+, where as this Gold one can be had for £10 and apparently will last longer. Anyone got one of these?

yeah got one for my old mans desire, does the job lasts a day which is all you can ask, i would go for it, not worth buying official for a phone that is 2 years old... (not 3 :D)

Associate
I've tried a few of these so called 'high capacity' gold batteries of e-bay and they were all **** - they lasted way less than the original HTC battery.

Try Anker batteries, they are good, but personally I dont think you can beat the original HTC ones as they use high quality cells.

Associate
For a cheap battery they're OK and that's about it. Capacity is nothing like quoted on the tin. They're a bit of a scam but they do the job. My experience as curiosity got the better of me some time back.

Soldato
cheap aftermarket = hit and miss. Most of them won't even reach the OEM level's of capacity, some alledgely perform better but not by much.

Important: Most aftermarket batteries do not incorporate a temperature sensor. (so will either not have a temp reading or it will be constant temp reading.)

OEM always for same physical size, cheap aftermarket for physically bigger batteries, but once again, they don't have a temp sensor.

Last edited:
Soldato

It works, but I promise you that it's not 2430 mAh. It's probably actually less capacity than the official one.

It will do the job, but it won't be better than official

Soldato
I tried several aftermarket batteries for my Desire including the 'Gold' ones. Either live with what you have, or buy an OEM battery. The aftermarket batteries are all junk.

Caporegime
Rroff is right. Mine lasted a bit longer than the genuine one which was good (estimated at 10 to 15% longer each day) and plus was always handy to have two batteries.

However, after about 5 months it overheated and the battery melted!

Lesson learnt. Either I buy genuine or at least do my research and get a good none genuine one.

Man of Honour
Someone on another forum a few months back took apart a lot of the cheapy high capacity batteries and found most of them were 2x refurbished lower capacity batteries (probably where a lot of the hardware ends up from these trade in places) poorly soldered together in a plastic housing and lacking proper thermal/current protection.

Back
Top Bottom