• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GTX 680 SLI BF3 Stutter

Associate
Hi guys,

I have just been noticing over the last few days, that BG3 seems to stutter with Vsync turned on on my 680's.

Is anyone else having the problem?

it is there using all the latest drivers including the 301.25 beta's. The poblem somewhat goes away when vsync is disabled.

I can best describe it as a stutter ever couple of seconds, it doesn't seem to be a framerate thing as the fps stay at 60fps? i am sure I didn't have this probem with my 580's in SLI.

Associate
It happens to people with 680 SLI and 7970 Xfire. Try setting the render ahead limit to 1 and disable triple buffering. You can do this in the in-game console by pressing the key above tab and type 'list' for a list of commands.

Caporegime
It happens to people with 680 SLI and 7970 Xfire. Try setting the render ahead limit to 1 and disable triple buffering. You can do this in the in-game console by pressing the key above tab and type 'list' for a list of commands.

Na easier way, download a user.cfg with the commands already in :)

Will do that or someone else will for you when i get back this evening :)

Soldato
Turn v-sync off and use adaptive v-sync in the nvidia control panel.
It sounds like the fps is dropping below 60 every now & again which means v-sync is dropping it to 30 causing stutter.

Associate
OP
Turn v-sync off and use adaptive v-sync in the nvidia control panel.
It sounds like the fps is dropping below 60 every now & again which means v-sync is dropping it to 30 causing stutter.

it does it with adaptive sync too, so i don't think its that, also its very lumpy even with vsync off when the fps doesn't drop below 70 so I think this is a driver issue, my 580's in SLI never had this problem.

Caporegime
Also found this on guru, give the config file a try first ^

Every single 301.xx driver results in stutter during BF3 and Batman:AC. Still using the 300.83 release because of it... so, hoping this beta is different than the other 301s

Caporegime
Couldnt believe how good it made the game for me as well, so much smoother. The config i used had a very handy graph, shows that im not gpu or cpu bottleknecked in bf3 on my current settings, shame my net connection is so bad.

Associate
OP
Couldnt believe how good it made the game for me as well, so much smoother. The config i used had a very handy graph, shows that im not gpu or cpu bottleknecked in bf3 on my current settings, shame my net connection is so bad.

I am going to install that one too later, would like to see the little graph!

Back
Top Bottom