Wall Mounting my 2 Samsung S27A550H Monitors: Advice?

Associate
Right I want to acheive some more room on my desk, and although I love having the two monitors the second one to the right just takes up some much room desk wise.

The issue is these monitors arent meant to be be wall mounted, or at least they dont use the standard method for wall mounting them. Anyway I took the stand off this morning and looked as to how I might acheive it.

This is the back
DSC02456.jpg

Which slots onto this stand
DSC02457.jpg

I took the hinge clip off the stand which left this
DSC02458.jpg

And slotted back in looks like this
DSC02459.jpg

Now there are 3 screw holes which the hinge is meant to attach to the stand and I was thinking cant I just screw them straight to the wall?

Thoughts? :confused:

Soldato
I can't remember where I've seen them but a company has developed some wall-mounted clips similar to how in-car phone holders hold the phone.

You screw the back of each clipinto the wall, then tighten the other ends to the 4 corners of the monitor.

Will check my browser history to see if I can find them for you

Last edited:
Associate
OP
If you do it make sure your braket is well fixed to the wall.

Yeah, upon talking to dad he was saying I would need some sort or bracket. All the walls in my attic are studs, and unless there are two beams distanced perfectly I need to make some sort of plate to screw into the beams then the monitors brackets to them

Associate
OP
Didnt get round to wall mounting it, but managed to screw it to the desk. Used a bit of scrap I had lying around to attach the clip to

20120520_175601.jpg

Then this is how it turned out, not bad and will do the job

DSC02461.jpg

Associate
If any are interested, let me know. I've come to a solution, and I'm about to place mine on the wall tonight. If this is still relevant to any, I'll get pictures.

Back
Top Bottom