Origin Account Comprimised - How to recover it?

Soldato
Hi guys,

Yesterday I received an email from "Origin [email protected]" stating the following:

Адрес электронной почты успешно изменен. Убедитесь, что вводите новый адрес, когда будете в следующий раз входить в Origin.
Если вы не запрашивали смену адреса или если у вас есть причины полагать, что ваша учетная запись под угрозой, свяжитесь со службой поддержки Origin, чтобы незамедлительно получить помощь.

С благодарностью, команда
Origin

Which, when translated states:

E-mail was successfully changed. Make sure to enter a new address, when you next go into Origin.

If you did not ask for change of address, or if you have reason to believe that your account is at risk, please contact support Origin, to immediately get help.

Thanks, team
Origin

However, as you can probably by now guess, I didn't ask for any changes to my account, so it was done by a 3rd Party. No problem, I thought, I'll login to my account and change it back and switch up the password. But no, the password has been changed and sending a reset mail apparently now goes to the email address of whoever stole the account.

So....How do I go about sorting this mess out? EA's Origin support website seem to be supremely unhelpful if you cannot actually log into your account to contact them, and they don't seem to have an email address or telephone number listed on any obvious place with which to contact them.

Does anyone here have any idea how to get in touch with them to revert the changes? I tried making a post on the EA forums using a new temporary account, but the damned thing seems to log me out every time I go to make a new post!

If anyone here has had a similar issue and knows how to go about fixing the issue, I'd really appreciate your input at this point.

Thanks in advance!

Associate
I had exactly the same email at about 4pm today. I've never logged into origin anywhere but my home pc and I haven't even logged in there for about 2 months.

You'll need to call EA on 0870 243 2435. I tried earlier but was kept on hold for 20+ minutes and gave up. They're open 9am-9pm so maybe give them a ring in the morning? I'll be doing the same.

Fingers crossed for the pair of us.

Soldato
I had this about 3 months ago and lost my BF3 + expansion games + a few others i cant remember that i picked up for a few quid.

Never got around to recovering it. Such a crap system.

The fact you get no email/password change confirmation through your email is insane.

Associate
Just an update for you.

I called that number and had my account back in about 5 minutes.

It looks like a guy called Igor Kramarenko had called EA support and managed to blag his way into my account over the phone.

Nice of them to see it's a UK account but let a Russian have access anyway.

Now it's time to find out if he's had fun with BF3 - I suppose battle log will come in handy for this.

VoG

VoG

Soldato
Had the same issue a couple of days ago, the folks at EA support recovered my account in 5 mins over the phone ( 0870 243 2435 ), & issued me a promo code for money off at teh Origin store, which was nice. :D

Last edited:
Associate
Soldato
I logged in to Origin this morning and to my surprise I had 6 items in my cart! I certainly didn't put them there, 4 of them I already own.

Anyone had this before?

No emails btw.

Soldato
Seriously this is screwed up they've changed my email and password, I've had no confirmation from EA or anything. What the heck am i supposed to do now :)

VoG

VoG

Soldato
Seriously this is screwed up they've changed my email and password, I've had no confirmation from EA or anything. What the heck am i supposed to do now :)

Ahem...

VoG said:
Had the same issue a couple of days ago, the folks at EA support recovered my account in 5 mins over the phone ( 0870 243 2435 ), & issued me a promo code for money off at teh Origin store, which was nice.

Back
Top Bottom